R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ????Will We Ever See A 13.5 4WD Buggy Class????
Old 12-29-2011, 12:00 PM
Edumakated
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
So you recommend someone that has never raced on dirt or even jumped a buggy or a truck for that matter to run in a class that has open rules on motors.........

All I'm saying is if they offer multiple classes for 2wd buggy and 2wd truck for the novice why not offer multiple classes for 4wd buggy to make the class more popular for the entry level racer. I would think a 13.5 boosted or 13.5 or 10.5 un-booster class in a 4wd buggy would be a fun class for a entry level racer and a easy transaction for a 4wd onroad racer.... Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right.
The multiple classes in 2wd are just as stupid too. A ton of folks have been saying just make it all mod and be done with it. It is beyond logical folks why electric insists on having all these class divisions as it simply isn't necessary. Electric class rules are stuck in the early 90s when brushless, lipos, and ESC tech have all but made multiple classes and the rules that govern them obsolete.

If someone doesn't have the skillset to keep up, you create a sportsman or rookie class. Motor power is the least of their worries, so no point in setting up bureaucractic rules. See nitro racing - for the most part run what you brung. Works just fine. Faster drivers will get around slower drivers and the clock ultimately sorts everyone for the mains.

You can't make racing "fair", so no point in trying. Sounds like a bunch of a leftist politicians.

Most of this stuff is about giving cry babies and losers a chance to win by creating sandbagging classes imho.