R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3racing F109
Thread: 3racing F109
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 08:28 AM
MarkBurgess
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by dna_2211
Hi - I am very new here but had question that I thought someone might know the answer to (couldn't find an answer in the thread) - having recently purchased an F109 kit I want to put a Le Mans style body on it - particularly the Toyota GT-One TS020 Tamiya body for the F103 RS chassis. Will this work with the F109 chassis? - or will I need to make some modifications (wheels or chassis changes?) I can see that the wheelbase is marginally different between the two.........

Thanks for your help and recommendations in advance!!
I think the wheelbases are going to be different - 270mm for the F109 and I'm reading 257mm for the F103 RS chassis. Depends on the wheels and tyres you planned to run on how much of an issue that gave you with the shell. Smaller wheels can fit under shells easier than larger ones.

Don't know if the wheel arches for those Tamiya shells are pre-cut or not. If not then you can make a few mm either way by carefull cutting.

You'll definately need a front bumper/body mount (as texastc). The one from the Toyota kit would look to fit, although may need another M4 hole drilled to fit the F109.