R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Corally Signs Chris Tosolini
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 01:33 PM
Darkseid
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Wow, I just read all the way back through this thread, somewhere along the way, it became a crime to have an opinion. Thats too bad, especially since thats 90% of what you find on the boards, just opinions...

I love Corally, I owned a C4 and a C4.1. They were both great. Fast and built like tanks. But they lost me with the Assassin. $400 for a car that originally had front one-way problems and rear diff allignment problems? Thats unacceptable. And what happened to the more affoardable version they spoke of when the Assassin first launched?

I personally don't agree with people who label any car "bad". I think all the top level TC are capable of winning in anyone's hands. But that leads to the main problem with the Assassin. I just haven't seen what their $400 car can do that a $270 car can't.

The Assassin looks like an amazing machine. But like Kyosho with its KX-1, no matter how good your car is, if you price it crazy, your not gonna sell too many of them.

Corally mentioned, in their response to an email I sent, that they are working on a new car, which I assume is what Tosolini is working with, so I hope they have success on the track with it.

But I also hope they give themselves a good chance at financial success with it by pricing it competitively.

Just my thoughts.....feel free to comince with the flaming if you wish...

-Darkseid...former and perhapes future Corally onwer...