View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 11:07 PM   #92
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71 View Post
I dont think anyone would debate that Sedans are more complex.

The argument that some are making is that the setup of a pan car, specifically, 12th scale, is more important than that of a Sedan to obtain a funtional, drivable car. Thus, where beginners tend to make mistakes in ride height settings, building crappy shocks with air in them, leaving the suspension binding, etc... This has a much more pronounced effect on the handling of a pan car than on that of a 4wd Sedan with independent suspension. These issues may not manifest themselves in a truly negative way with a Sedan... your Sedan may not be perfect, but it isn't going to be undrivable. The same cannot be said for a pan car that is setup so poorly.

Regardless, every has their own opinion about these things.

My family runs our own track. I try to take an active role in assuring that our locals always run well and have a good time. In saying that, I work on 3x more 12th scale and WGT chassis than I do TC's. The TC drivers' cars are always pretty drivable, and generally turn comparable lap times, even after weeks of neglect.

Pancar racers have to pay way more attention to collapsed springs, different tire diameters, crunchy bearings, etc.

Those of us who have been doing this for a long time, and especially those of us who did this back when all the mfgr's cars were less than perfect, are totally accustomed to this. The average guy who tries his hand at on-road after running a spec Slash class in the dirt, is woefully unprepared.....

This is not opinion, but rather hands-on experience. I wish it were different, but it's not........
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote