R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 12-25-2011, 05:35 PM
wcrase101
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gilley11
I picked this up 2nd hand but I was told that it only has 5min on it and thats what the chassis shows. He said that he had issues with getting it running but it was motor/esc related. Now i wonder if the diff was binding and it was the issue causing the isssue.
When i removed the diffs it had the blackish grease in it so I assume he did not sand them
I have assembled them in both washer above o ring and without as some have done. With shims between diff pin blocksand without.

Could the sun gear pin recess not be deep enough? I have read about gear issues but just wasn't sure this is what others have run into.

Thanks for the help
whats up gilley!!!!!!!

make sure the metal inserts are all the way seated maybe???
I ran into the same problem with mine and got around it by not using the shims between the spider gears and the lil blocks. I also did back the screws out one turn also, I use the green slime to seal the diffs, never leaked. keep the shim behind the sun gear so the diff will seal, maybe the previous owner glued the metal inserts in and didn't have them seated in all the way???? hope this might help, can't wait to get a chance to race you again, soon as I get a motor back in mine