R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - **THE** pro4 thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2004, 05:34 AM
DiscoStu
Tech Adept

What's in the box ?

I’ve just ordered a Pro 4 from Tower Hobbies so it will be interesting to see what actually turns up. The picture on the website is the computer generated one and not a photograph, but after reading the technical specs I pressed the “I just want one” button. Now I’m just a little worried as to what will actually turn up. Some parts that should be standard are listed on Tower’s site as optional extras (like the wheel hexes and threaded shocks) It has been mentioned on this page that the new version comes with the aluminium one way and upgraded gears which would make sense but not the purple MIP’s. Depending on what drive shafts I end up with I won’t be too concerned as I still have a Pro 2 that just loves eating those purple MIP’s for breakfast (no front one-way plus car probably set too low). When the Pro 3 came out I ordered one from Rainbow Ten and what arrived was a “Spec” version that was unique to Japan. It had plastic fixed linkages instead of turnbuckles, no threaded shocks and very few purple parts. Nothing is the same as picking a kit up from a shop and being able to check out all the bits but when you can get one for two thirds of the price from overseas I guess you just have to pay your money and take the chance. All I do now is wait and see…Disco.