R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T2 009 Rubber - Rear Traction problem!
Old 12-25-2011, 05:55 AM
ceong
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Check your Ackerman adjustment. It sounds like you don't have enough Ackerman in your setup. Having more Ackerman will stabilize you steering. Use the manual to see if it is set at the correct nominal setting. If it is, shorten the steering pivot adjustment by one notch and see if that makes it more stable.

Also you need more rear toe. If you don't have any set up, get 1deg rear toe uprights. If that is not enough, you can shim the rear arm pin holders with a 1mm shim to get a little more inboard toe.

Since you are running a 4.5T you'll have more of a problem finding steering. I don't see that you have a problem with traction, its more a problem with the stability of the car. The Ackerman and the rear toe adjustment will help.

Yap.. just found out the problem most likely coming from the front.. I have removed the front and rear sway bar.. soften front spring/shock to the max and harden rear spring/shock..the drift is cutting down... I also moved the roll center fro the rear and front to the lowest position.

However, i am not sure whether i should adjust my rear and front downstop