R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - six hindred and fifty dollar spending limit. BUGGY or Truggy? please help.
Old 12-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Neesh
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sein
For the past two seasons I have ran the 8ight 2.0 buggy and truggy. I just recently started running the caster racing K8T/ZX1.5R. I have had only one practice session with the K8T, so I have not really tested the durability of the kit yet. However, I can tell you that it is a very well put together kit with high quality parts.

Right out of the box, the pro kit has lightened out-drives, 2 piece center diff mount, aluminum chassis braces, and aluminum top plate. On the track, I was really impressed with the responsiveness and agility of the truck. It reacts very quickly to steering inputs, almost like a buggy does. Because it is so responsive, I have to relearn how to turn into corners. The suspension is nice a smooth and seems to work very well on the truck.

Everything on the K8T is tight. Coming from losi, I was used to many components having slop or a loose feel. This is a strong point for the losi, that is why it is so forgiving; and it can run on many different tracks with the same setup. The caster is not so forgiving, and setup will play a much bigger role on the truck. If it is not right, you will have a hard time on the track; however, if it is right you will have the potential to run very fast.

Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with the kit, and I do believe I will be a much faster driver once I get everything dialed and adjust my driving style.

Here is a little clip of me running on the track for the first time. I know my track looks like Fred Sanford backyard, but it my track nonetheless

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
when did you get this and trashed the losi? Early Christmas present? LOL cool