R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Rc10ntc3
Thread: Rc10ntc3
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Z00M
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by FFR3582
Zoom- I have heard and read several times that Barry is running the Yokomo centax on his car. In the newest Car Action they do a write up on Barry's set up and it is listed under aftermarket options.

I am sure if you had a motor with huge amounts of power (like Barry's motors) or had a lower bite track then it would become less of an issue. I am racing on a very high bite surface and my motors are not quite as fast as a few of the sponsored racers in th area (this may change soon when I have Mike Queller mod my next motor).

I am running the 3 shoe with copper springs that are bent stiffer and a small amount cut off of ther back of the shoes on my car now. I am looking for that last few tenths per lap.

At my last race I turned a lot of heads with my old MT 12 and single chamber pipe when I paced 3rd in A-main. The SWS ROAR series has some of the fastest racers around.

I was running against one of the Palmaris drivers with their new motor (he would have placed 4th but ran out of fuel) and he was very impressed with how well my NTC3 was performing.

The Palmaris motors sure are different to look at, if you get a chance check one out.
Hey FFR, thanks for letting me know where you got the info about Barry's clutch. I wasn't trying to say you were wrong, it was just that I hadn't seen it anywhere. Being here in Aus, the last RC Car action I got was the one with the Yokomo Drift car on the front. I'll have to have a read of the new one whenever it turns up.

Good to hear that your car is working well and impressing some of the other guys. And it's good to see that other around you actually say 'good job' when you run fast, at my club it's 'you must be cheating'!

If I could just cure the loose rear end on my car I'd be happy, all my setup changes have resulted in no change to the fact the rear is very loose. I'm wondering if I've bent something and don't realise it.