View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 11:45 AM
Johnny Wishbone
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chris_dono
Yes, say goodbye to a few teeth on your spur if you do this
Originally Posted by The Teacher
Martin Crisp, if you are looking for more flex I would try running the optional motor mount or the new flex upper deck. You could also try cutting the rear cross section on the stock upper deck. I've tried all of these things and found that a combo of the optional motor mount with the cut upper deck works best in low bite situations (on pavement). Have not tried this on carpet yet. Question, what thickness chassis did you get (bottom plate)?
Martin I would agree with both of the above. On a 2.25 chassis I actually prefer the one piece mount which then allows you to do the 4 screw or not use the middle screw without taking the spur gear out. Not sure why but the one piece just feels better on the car. I have not tried a cut top deck on carpet either.

Teach, he said he got one of each car and we know the LE comes with the 2.25 chassis, I'd guess the other is the 2.50 chassis since it was only being changed out by some shops in Europe on request, (not really a option kit as I understand) But I could be wrong, just idle chatter waiting for the real answer as everyone else.