R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - six hindred and fifty dollar spending limit. BUGGY or Truggy? please help.
Old 12-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Kawirider618
Tech Apprentice

okay. it seems as this is becoming a pretty intense suggestion thread. i just want to give a big thanks for the ons who have replied. i feel as if you guys are right. if i go caster i have to buy two cars instead of just one and if i go more mainstream it will be cheaper in the long run.

here is the thing i have a f8t from caster and its been fantastic given its a rtr though i am expecting something to go wrong with it soon have had it for three months

when i buy pro kits i like to have trust built in them like expecting nothing at all to go wrong the first hour of drive time.

with losi and ae yes you wont have these problems.

but with caster i dont know?

also parts availibility for me is near to none for any brand. i live in kentucky. so i have to travel a shit load for races which i am willing to do.

so as far ordering parts online i dont care mike mazza is a great guy and in past refrences he has great advice and is willing to lower prices.. tell me which losi and ae people are willing to do that. or even send you to a pro driver for advice.

Here is the catch tamiya is selling there full on race spec buggy and truggy for 245 shipped right now. i also have had there truggy. and trust me the japanese know what they are doing when it comes to setup.

they also take pride in there machining to.

so im still up in the air but am confused also. and as far as the buggy class and truggy class it is dyeing in my area but i strive to be the one to keep it alive.