R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2012 Australian EP Offroad Titles
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 04:34 AM
RETRO R/C
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Shocked and outraged is probably a bit of an "over-statement".

While it cannot be easy to make all these events fit, surely at some point we have to stop worrying about what the "other" categories of our hobby are doing. For starters I would like to see that the off road segment does not move dates etc so it doesnt clash with an on road event.........we are two completely different categories - why does it matter if they clash. If people are doing both (I am one of them) - then they have to decide what is more important to them.

To go even further out on a limb and cop a lot of flak - I reckon we should be worried about the 1/10th buggy calendar ONLY, as should 1/8th worry about their dates with limited regard to what we are doing in 1/10th scale (within reason of course). NO chance of ever making EVERYONE happy - however you need to look after the ones that support your segment the most.

BIGGEST issue by far is that not every person that does this hobby is single (read - no other family commitments) and or can get these times off. Easter is very much a FAMILY break - and it can get hard to take ones self away from loved ones for an entire 4 or five days over this period..........the October long weekend would be a much better time for the event - especially as it would be a "climax" for the end of the season - something to really look forward to. It is also not traditionally a "family or religious" break - so competitors and their families are less likely to frown on them being away so long.

I don't know , there is no easy answer. However, focus on the category is really where it needs to start.........perhaps the governing body has other reasons for what they do. Either way we hear very little from them in any official capacity. As far as I know - you are not involved "officially" with our governing body Daniel - however you sure do allot of the work they should be doing by being on the forums, on their behalf.

Cheers

Darryn