R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Why doesn't WGT get a world championships and why isn't there a mod class yet?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:21 PM
2wdrive
Tech Master

So if pro10 stock class was still popular back then why did that die off as well?

Looking at some older pro10 movies i am not sure if they were really too fast. Maybe people remember them being faster then they really were back then?

I have seen some old pro10 moviesand too say that they were too fast is a little overdone imo. We now have faster laptimes with our stock 10.5t pro10 then they did back in the day with 8t-10t brushed. So just curious, was it really too fast..... seriously?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jiSF7U4zgs

If they were too fast why didn't the masses drive a 19t or slower brushed with it? It would be fast enough for a normal class?

I hope one day there will be a World Chamionship pro10 again but seeing how the market is now dominated by touringcars (marketing wise) i don't think that will happen soon. I think that is the real reason as all the companies were concentrating on touringcars and thus the sponsord guys were driving the touringcars and noone entering a world championship pro10.

If you really want to have a pro10 class then start driving one at the track and try to get some people to build up a class.