R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:36 PM
EAMotorsports
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoDog
EA, what's the definition of "open class"?
Is it run anything that you find in your toolbox or run anything that is commercially available? legality aside, if it's anything goes then why not run foams tires in a rubber class? 3 cell rather than just 2? gyros, flux capacitors, rubber bands, hamsters, Photon generators, velcro tire caps, mythical creatures, paperclips, etc...

I was wondering, do you pay for your racing? i.e travel, entry fees, equipment? I do...
My definition of open class is you can run whatever the class specifies within the rules. There are no rules at the IIC for the 13.5 OPEN class for speedo software. It simply says "OPEN". See Jim's comment about how many actually had it and it did not make a difference anyway. The guys running it were going to finish where they did anyway.

And yes I probably spend more on racing than most. The past year Ive been to Snowbirds (7 days), Carpet nats (5 Days), Reedy Race (5 Days), Paved Nats (5 Days), IIC (10 Days). All those days away from work add up. I paid for every single air plane ticket myself, paid for all the hotels except 1 myself (I roomed with someone else that paid for that one), paid all the entries myself, all the food among other stuff. So yea....I pay way more to race than a lot do I am sure since I go to almost all the big races every year.

EA