R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 PM
olly986
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YoDog
EA, what's the definition of "open class"?
Is it run anything that you find in your toolbox or run anything that is commercially available? legality aside, if it's anything goes then why not run foams tires in a rubber class? 3 cell rather than just 2? gyros, flux capacitors, rubber bands, hamsters, Photon generators, velcro tire caps, mythical creatures, paperclips, etc...
I'm not trashing Tekin, I love the product which is why it erks me that the tools to improve my chances of performing better are being used by the same Team I support yet these same tools are being used against me because I have been denied access to them. It's not just about weather or not any cheating was going on it's that the rest of us were not able to cheat too. I was wondering, do you pay for your racing? i.e travel, entry fees, equipment? I do...It's just a tough pill to swallow to hear that my chances of finishing better against the other branded equipment are being blocked by the representatives of the same brand I choose to spend my hard earned money on. Maybe not blocked but at the least, hampered.
Who cares about ORCA anyway? They don't have near the presence in the U.S. racing scene as Tekin so why complain. They are nobody in my book. Stupid name too...
Man we got your point (a few times now) and we agree with you all, but as Prez said they can only try these against tough competition to see if it works, I guess when you are as good as Hara and all, you will get to try the new software, I wish I was too