R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3905 emaxx motor/esc choice
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 05:23 PM
RCaddict0
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Buy RPM towers, bulkhead braces and body mounts to start. Those are prone to breaking. Then I suggest keep going with the RPM parts. I have EVERY RPM part available on mine except the carriers. They are stock and two years old almost. They never break! Well atleast mine. I also suggest alum skids. I left mine stock and went through about three front skids in a little over a year. They kinda stick out past the bumper and take the blunt of the impact. Duratrax make a nice sturdy pair that are suprisingly cheap. I payed $34 for the pair at my LHS.
As for the electronics.... I like the TRX2075's (125oz/in Digital) for there price. If your running the brushed model then you have the TRX2056 (80oz/in Analog). I dont think the 2056's cut it. They work, but.....
I suggest skipping Kershaw Designs. Nothin personal. Ive bought some stuff from KD's. Most of its just "Chinese" stuff sold as "Keshaw Designs". You could possably find the same things direct from online retailers in china(Hobbyking, etc) Now the best all around set up is the Castle Mamba Monster Max 2200kv combo. Cant really go wrong there. Tekin RX8 is great too, but cost more. As for Hobbywing...Great Stuff! But no customer service. But its reliable, great running and cheap. Hobbypartz.com has them on sale now. You can get the 80A combo for $130 shipped and the 150A for about $200. Honestly the 80A is plenty. Dont let the lower number fool you. I ran that ESC in my Maxx, E Revo, Flux and it was a beast. The only reason you'd really need the 150A is to run 6s lipo. 80A~4s max/ 150A~6s max
Now if you are just getting back in the hobby don't start with 6s. Trust me. It's soooo much more than you think! When I first started getting into big MT's I was runnin for two 3s packs. I was advised to try 4s first by someone with many, many years in the hobby. Almost two years later Im still running 4s and could'nt imagine running a 6s. Its ALOT harder on your trucks parts, drive train, etc. My E Maxx has the MMM 2200 combo geared 21/65(I think 65 in stock spur) and it will pull a full back flip on command and run a wheelie when ever. It can pull wheelies at 20+ mph on command. Im not real shure of top speed. Maybe 40-45mph. But its NuTz
This would be a reliable, cheap start
http://www.hobbypartz.com/07e-c-combo-m1.html $135http://www.hobbypartz.com/77p-sl4400...-hardcase.html $23 each
http://www.hobbypartz.com/thac6smbachw.html $44
I use these lipos and have had some that now have several cycles. There excellent for there price. I have this charger aswell. Its cheap, charges EVERYTHING. Nimh, NiCd, Life, Lipo, Lilo and has all the bells and whistles. And its AC & DC powered. So no need for a power supply.
I have ran the XErun as I said. It again, is great. You could go brushless/lipo for a tad over $200 and have it in days