R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - (CSI) COMPETITION SUSPENSION INC.
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 08:00 PM
CompetitionHeat
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default (CSI) COMPETITION SUSPENSION INC.

This thread is for the new Competition Suspension Inc. (CSI) shock pistons that will be released within the next few weeks and can be purchased at A-MAIN or ABSOLUTE HOBBYZ.

CSI is a manufacturer of racing shocks for the open wheel industry. The owner, Garrett Andrews and myself started on this project one year ago and are finally ready to release CSI's pistons. Before I go into detail about the pistons, let me give you some background on Garrett. Before starting his own shock company (CSI) 4 years ago, Garrett was the shock engineer at Vision Racing (Indy Car) and prior to that he worked for Rusty Wallace Racing as their shock engineer for the Nationwide team. I met Garrett 11 years ago at one of my sons races in Northern California in 2000 while he was the chief mechanic for an open wheel race team and designing racing components for MPD. Those familiar with open wheel racing will recognize MPD as being a leading manufacturer of racing components, also the company founded by John Bickford, who is none other than Jeff Gordons step father, the rest of that story is history.

One of Garretts passions growing up in California was RC car racing, like the rest of us racers, when time allowed or in the off season you could find him traveling up and down the coast trying to catch a race on the weekends. This leads me to where we are today and the events leading up to this point. I have always known (as well as most others) that RC shocks are going to be the one component of these cars we can make the most gains performance wise. Lets face it, they are very basic, not much headway has been made over the years. It's going to take a company and individuals that have the time and knowledge to focus on this one area, which is the key to better performing shocks. I approached Garrett one year ago because I knew he had all the credentials needed to start developing a shock that performs, he's not just a guy that decided to start making pistons, he's someone that has successfully built a well respected business building racing shocks for major racing teams across the US and abroad.

To learn more about CSI you can visit www.competitionsuspension.com

Stay Tuned...

Last edited by CompetitionHeat; 12-13-2011 at 02:57 PM.