R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 12-11-2011, 08:35 PM
Ridley
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adubaz7
Hey guys I am very happy with the way my truck is handling pretty much straight out of the box but my competition at the track is very good and I dont know anyone with a light weight scte for me to try out my main questions are how does the weight savings help the way it handles and is there any loss in stability with the weight cut I hear all the time that the Losi is so stable because it is heavy.
It makes everything it does "quicker". It may seem twitchy to some people. It's probably not something mid to lower skilled drivers would want to try. It doesn't make it less stable, just less lethargic. The quickness of how it reacts may make it seem that way to some slower drivers though. Fast reacting isn't as easy to drive as a slower reacting truck...but it's faster in fast hands. If you are a good driver, give it a shot. The good thing about going light is, you can always add the weight back....but where YOU want the weight to be!!

The biggest reason we all went to light weight settups in the beginning, was because of the motor choices we had. Now that suitable 4 pole motors are out, like the Tekin pro 4, Tenshock sc411, and Viper VX4.....weight isn't so critical like it was with the paultry 550 2pole motors. Back then, due to lack of HP, being lightweight was a huge advantage....now that you can get more power than the truck can actually put to the track....there's not such a huge advantage. It's probably a wash actually...as everything you gain with being light...you probably lose when you bang with heavier trucks.