R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4.1 FT/WC
Thread: RC10B4.1 FT/WC
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Ultra7M
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter
I don't quite understand how Cav is using a spring rate which is completely off from what is noted above.
White KYO front BB - 3.72 spring rate vs. AE Brown 2.80 lb springs
Gold KYO rear BB - 2.50 spring rate vs. AE Green 1.90 lb.

Has anyone tested the spring rates of the BB vs. standard to see if its a 1:1?
I have been using standard Kyosho springs and just started using Losi Big Bore springs and then maybe eventually try the Kyosho big bore springs. As for Cavs setup he is using White Kyosho springs which have are advertised as 3.72 but really measures 3.22. The Gold Kyoshos are advertised as 2.5 but measure at 2.14. (This chart is helpful: http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/BuggyBigBoreSpring.pdf ). The fronts may seem really stiff but that means that he is most likely running inside on both the tower and the arm. Going in on the arm requires a stiffer spring and fwiw more limiters.

I use to run standard Kyosho orange up front and dark yellow in the rears. I switched to Losi BB Orange up front and Losi BB Yellow in the rear. The rears are dialed. The front's feel a little too stiff especially for the slightly bumpy tracks I race on. Also the front springs may be a tad too long. My adjustment collar is all the way to the top and I am right at 24mm. I hope this info helps.