R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MBX6
Thread: Mugen MBX6
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 09:52 PM
Sideshow Bob
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Teccmoney
I have never ran the .19 speed but I know for sure it would great on a tight small track with small jumps..... You will definitely be able to take advantage of the run time and you won't have to worry about not having enough grunt to get around the track....
thanks Teccmoney. I guess this is why im still n the air about this one, the tracks are technical, hardly ever at WOT except on the back straight where we have to clear quite a big double, but it has alot of runup though....sortoff makes it even more scary lol, since you never really know just how fast to hit it depending if you get turn one right or not what im getting at is, yes the tracks are technical, but they have jumps, only the one silly one, but a few other small double/tripple rhythm sections etc that require some punch out of corners. it is sortoff a point-and-squirt track. with my vspec it isnt hard to get enough speed to clear them correctly but i cant relly tell if could get over them with less power..as i cant really see if im spinning up the wheels etc. sure i know the 19 is going to be down on power down low, i guess im just considering the fact that maybe, just maybe it wouldnt be that noticeable if it delivers the power to the floor better and still clears the rhythm sections just fine? my cousin has a normal 21 Speed and i really think it almost has too much power , if there is such a thing

EDIT: here are some pics of it...the first one was the old layout before the silly jump in the back, oh and it had a long uninterrupted main straight. hardpacked, rutted out and dusty when the temps get up there. the second pic is what it looks like now, maybe a new steeper double/tripple here or there. it looks longer in the pic than it actually is, the perspective distorts it obviously. it's a 50sec lap for me....46-48 for the aliens lol

Last edited by Sideshow Bob; 12-10-2011 at 10:17 PM.