R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Championship Series
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 12:53 AM
maxepower
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking RE: Chassis vs. Driving skills

Originally Posted by linger
The year was 2007. Tamiya worlds GT Victory class. Rheinard had a 416 but was not allowed to run it since it was not available to the public yet. He ran a 415. A kid running a TA05 kicked some serious a$$. His driving was unreal. The motor was a 23 turn. It felt like all out mod considering the Tamiya type A's and the virgin gray carpet. Ahh, good times. The driver counts, but if the skillset is close - the double deck CF car will win.
AAAAAHHHHH!!!!! the good old days of 23 turn brushed motors. When Timmy and me went to Japan they really dumbed down the speeds. It was sad to see 27 turn motors in GT-1 class with dumb down gearing run as slow as the mini's with Johnson motors. If Tim was able to run faster speeds I think his skills would have been more of a factor.
Timmy won using 13.5 brushless with boost and timing on a Tekin ESC for the Nationals , then having him run god awful slow motors in Japan was sad to see!
P.S. But, if we could we would do it all over again. I loved going to Japan!!!!!