R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya Championship Series
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Kevin CBR
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AWK
USED TRF417s are going to be in the $250 range once the 417X comes out, and the different 416 models are already below that, hence why a range was presented.

GT1 used to be open mod, now it isn't. We used to run 24 degree stock motors in GT2 and 19t in GT1, and now GT2 is faster than those 19t GT1 days. You used to be able to pick any insert and now you can't. Heck, in real racing, F1 was for the best drivers in the world, and not merely those with money to buy a ride, but as we have seen in recent years (Vitaly Petrov..cough, cough) things change.

Ask Rheinard and his 416 how it felt to get smoked by a kid in a nearly box stock TA05 a few years ago at the Tamiya worlds and tell me the kid had a disadvantage running the tub car. Put Dave Jun in a TA05 and most TCS racers in a TRF car and I bet he wins easy. Driver counts.

Merely a suggestion to consider as the times change.
And don't forget Maldonado. But his Venezulan oil money may dry up in 2013.

Will be some time before you find a good 417 for under $ 400.00 but you can find good TA05's fully loaded now for $ 200.00. Just pop for a new 13.5 like I am in your 417, figure out a new gearing that will be as uber dialed as your 17.5 was in your 417 at Nats and come have fun with us in January.