View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 10:02 PM
linger
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linger
Day 2:

Tony F TQ'ed all three rounds.

Juan TQ'ed 2 out of three rounds but roasted either his speedo, battery or motor.

Devin is qualified 5th.

I'm qualified right behind Marc Rheinard, but the bad news is that I'm qualified 6th (Marc is 5th). The Japanese kid running the TA05 was faster than Rheinhard by 0.4 seconds in the last round....Holy snot. Victor Wilck really stepped it up today and is qualified 3rd.

One more round of qualifying tomorrow and then the mains. I think we are all locked into the A-main, so we're all coming home. This is fun. I think this will snap me out of retirement. 416 is looking real good.
Originally Posted by AWK
Ask Rheinard and his 416 how it felt to get smoked by a kid in a nearly box stock TA05 a few years ago at the Tamiya worlds and tell me the kid had a disadvantage running the tub car. Put Dave Jun in a TA05 and most TCS racers in a TRF car and I bet he wins easy. Driver counts.

Merely a suggestion to consider as the times change.
Originally Posted by maxepower
You wouldn't happen to know what motor Rheinard and the kid were running? Inquireing minds want to know!
The year was 2007. Tamiya worlds GT Victory class. Rheinard had a 416 but was not allowed to run it since it was not available to the public yet. He ran a 415. A kid running a TA05 kicked some serious a$$. His driving was unreal. The motor was a 23 turn. It felt like all out mod considering the Tamiya type A's and the virgin gray carpet. Ahh, good times. The driver counts, but if the skillset is close - the double deck CF car will win.