R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - E-Revo Onroad Conversion
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:59 PM
Monteman
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default E-Revo Onroad Conversion

Working on an ERBE converted to Onroad. I'm running into a problem with the overall width. I'm trying to run Tekno 17mm hubs as they are thin enough where they need to be (the actual hub depth as opposed to the Ofna Tmaxx hubs i have here now which are 2 times the thickness). But i don't know if i can run them on the stock E-revo axle carriers. The stock outer bearing on the Revo is a 6x13x5 bearing but i need an 8mm bore. But im having a hard time finding an 8x13x5 bearing. Do these exist? Checked Avid and Boca but nothing found on either.

How can I run the Tekno hubs without the Tekno carrier?

I have a set of Axial 17mm plastic adapters but i do not like how they end up fitting. It works just doesn't look right.

These are the adapters im using right now.

This is the end result im after.

I know i can just swap out the arms for the old slayer arms and solve the problem no worries, but as it is it is so close to working perfectly. And i would like to run a proper 17mm adapter like on all my other rigs.

Make sense? Maybe throw Tekno out the window on this one, what else would work for me for this? The stock traxxas slop monsters are about right but i finally got rid of all those wobbly bits and do not plan on going back to them.