First time RC guy looking for help > First time RC guy looking for help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Billy Kelly

First time RC guy looking for help

Old 08-21-2017, 06:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Default First time RC guy looking for help

Hi guys.

I have a budget and have two cars that I want to buy, both are very different ones a basher offroad other is a on road drift style import car but just wanted some other opinions on how best my money would be spent out of the two fun factor etc.

The choice is between a 1/12 Short Course Helion Verdikt (basher) which has had some really positive reviews for the low price point of 80 or go the opposite and smaller for the lovely looking 1/18 Team Associated Apex Touring (Skyline)(drift road car) at 130 -

We don't have many clubs in the UK so I wouldn't be racing on make shift courses just car parks off road moor land and stuff.

Opinions would be great on what you would go for out of the two. To help me make a decision

Last edited by S7oney; 08-21-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've had the Apex for over 4 years. Still gets a lot of use. Works good on most pavement. Stock tires are good but don't last long. I've used mostly Sweep or other TC tires on mine.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
I've had the Apex for over 4 years. Still gets a lot of use. Works good on most pavement. Stock tires are good but don't last long. I've used mostly Sweep or other TC tires on mine.
ThanksBilly. Still can't decide if I'd prefer a basher the Helion Verdikt for throwing around we have alot of moorland and bumps around or going down the on road Apex car route but then you are only limited to public car parks here.
Old 08-21-2017, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by S7oney View Post
ThanksBilly. Still can't decide if I'd prefer a basher the Helion Verdikt for throwing around we have alot of moorland and bumps around or going down the on road Apex car route but then you are only limited to public car parks here.
Correct. Road car do have a built in limit. I've only seen the Verdikt in the box. Not running.
Old 08-21-2017, 08:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly View Post
Correct. Road car do have a built in limit. I've only seen the Verdikt in the box. Not running.
Here's a video the of Verdikt running Billy

https://youtu.be/02Z9EkKBcnc
Old 08-21-2017, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

both seem like that have a limit on type of terrain but the 1/12 looks to me like it would be more fun build a few little jumps and have at it
Old 08-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 540bilotilo View Post
both seem like that have a limit on type of terrain but the 1/12 looks to me like it would be more fun build a few little jumps and have at it
First RC is alway a tough decision. I'd agree going with the larger 1/12 will give more driving options over the 1/18.
ddd228 likes this.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Depends mainly where you will be driving.
I had a blast with my basher.
Originally Posted by S7oney View Post
Hi guys.

I have a budget and have two cars that I want to buy, both are very different ones a basher offroad other is a on road drift style import car but just wanted some other opinions on how best my money would be spent out of the two fun factor etc.

The choice is between a 1/12 Short Course Helion Verdikt (basher) which has had some really positive reviews for the low price point of 80 or go the opposite and smaller for the lovely looking 1/18 Team Associated Apex Touring (Skyline)(drift road car) at 130 -

We don't have many clubs in the UK so I wouldn't be racing on make shift courses just car parks off road moor land and stuff.

Opinions would be great on what you would go for out of the two. To help me make a decision
Old 11-11-2017, 07:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Me personally I would lean towards an off road vehicle simply because you can drive an off road vehicle both on road and off road, but the same cannot be said about an on road vehicle. Not to say the Mini Apex is a bad vehicle at all, but sometimes inherent design is a limiting factor with what you can do with a vehicle.