R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Rookie Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/)
-   -   trackstar shocks? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone/992819-trackstar-shocks.html)

Speed Chaser 07-20-2017 01:33 AM

trackstar shocks?

Has anyone used trackstar shocks before? I was going to get some for a shelf queen so performance quality is not a big deal but now it has me thinking is their anything actually good about these shocks?

Speed Chaser 07-21-2017 08:10 AM

Looks like i will be the one trying them out just place an order for 2 set of 48.5mm trackstar shocks

EbbTide 07-21-2017 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser (Post 14981525)
Looks like i will be the ones trying them out just place an order for 2 set of 48.5mm trackstar shocks

Trying out new parts is all part of the hobby :) I hope you have good luck with them! I'm taking a long shot on a set of shocks myself. Hopefully we both get lucky lol

Speed Chaser 07-23-2017 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by EbbTide (Post 14981579)
Trying out new parts is all part of the hobby :) I hope you have good luck with them! I'm taking a long shot on a set of shocks myself. Hopefully we both get lucky lol

Which shock did you get? I also have been meaning to get some xray shock just to see their quality but i think the one i want have been discontinued

EbbTide 07-23-2017 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser (Post 14983107)
Which shock did you get? I also have been meaning to get some xray shock just to see their quality but i think the one i want have been discontinued

I'm trying out the Proline Pro Spec shocks for my HPI Blitz. They're supposed to be a one size fits all deal for short course trucks and my current HPI aluminum shocks are far from perfect.

Speed Chaser 07-23-2017 05:13 PM

I hope they work out i just saw their price, and i thought trf shocks are expensive 😂😂

EbbTide 07-23-2017 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser (Post 14983200)
I hope they work out i just saw their price, and i thought trf shocks are expensive 😂😂

Lol not gonna lie, it was tough to pull the trigger for the price. My Blitz has been in my fleet for close to four years though. So it deserved a little upgrade methinks :) I just hope they work and dont explode like my HPI shocks did last weekend haha.

userst 08-24-2018 09:12 PM

Mounting hardware?

Anyone know what's the correct size for the ball joint screw that goes into the eyelet on these trackstar shocks? Mine didn't come with any mounting hardware.

Roelof 08-25-2018 02:39 AM

Originally Posted by Speed Chaser (Post 14980473)
Has anyone used trackstar shocks before? I was going to get some for a shelf queen so performance quality is not a big deal but now it has me thinking is their anything actually good about these shocks?

So you want to use them for a shelf queen and so performance is no issue. Why the question?????????

Speed Chaser 08-30-2018 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Roelof (Post 15286082)
So you want to use them for a shelf queen and so performance is no issue. Why the question?????????

Because just like I said in the post you quoted it got me thinking if there was anything good about them as simple as that, that why I asked the question.

heyscottn 09-01-2018 01:34 PM

I bought some for a restoration project (an old Tamiya Blackfoot). They are pretty nice shocks! They are not 'big bore', but plenty good for non-competitive applications.

lifeofbrian 10-21-2018 05:24 PM

Bit late to this thread, but I've had them on my Tamiya TB02 and have been very impressed, no leaks, go together well, for the price they're great.

Speed Chaser 10-22-2018 09:43 PM

I originally got mine for a shelf queen but I bought more recently including their truck size ones and can't really complain for the price, they come prebuild the only thing you really need to do is fill it with oil and mount it. Also for those wondering the touring car size one use 5.8mm size ball stud