Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Red Blinking light on HSP 1:18 Electric Power Knight Mini Monster Truck Racer >

Red Blinking light on HSP 1:18 Electric Power Knight Mini Monster Truck Racer

Red Blinking light on HSP 1:18 Electric Power Knight Mini Monster Truck Racer

Old 12-23-2016, 09:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Red Blinking light on HSP 1:18 Electric Power Knight Mini Monster Truck Racer

Hi,

I recently bought HSP 1:18 monster truck shown in below link

Please search below on google as i cant post url right now..
HSP 94806 1:18 Electric Power Knight Mini Monster Truck Racer (Blue)

I worked perfectly for couple of weeks but now car has stopped responding to transmitter input. No turning, forward or backward movement and also nothing when I turn on ESC on the car. Below is current behavior of the car

1. If transmitter is off and I turn on the car -> red light blinks on the receiver / ESC
2. If transmitter is on and I turn on the car -> red light remains solid on the receiver / ESC
3. Pressing binding button on esc makes red light blinks. if I turn off esc and turn it on again it becomes solid black
4. If I press throttle -> nothing on car
5. If I turn left or right -> nothing on car
6. If I press reverse -> red light on car blinks very fast! but no movement

Text written on ESC reads

2.4 GH HSP
ELECTRONIC SPEED CONTROLLER 2 CHANNELS
2.4 GHZ RECEIVER

Image of ESC

imgur.com/qbdNQKp

It's completely black with orange/yellow sticker on top

Any help on what could be the issue?

Thank you,
rizTaak
Old 12-23-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Your manual should describe the procedure for re-binding your transmitter to your receiver. Do that first then re-set the ESC to the radio.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:11 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MarkA
Your manual should describe the procedure for re-binding your transmitter to your receiver. Do that first then re-set the ESC to the radio.
Thanks for reply

I followed the rebinding procedure which is word to word as below in manual

1. Turn on the receiver power, press the bind key, the receiver's led should be flashing
2. Turn on the transmitter.
3. When the led on the receiver becomes solid, the binding process is completed.

This is working as expected but after rebinding it still doesn't work. You have mentioned "then re-set the ESC to the radio". Can you please give more details on how to do it?

rizTaak
Old 12-24-2016, 12:17 PM
Tech Champion

I didn't realize until I looked at your picture again that you have the integrated ESC/receiver so if you didn't get steering back from the re-bind procedure, your issue is probably with the receiver portion of that unit and unfortunately, there is very little that can be done when those go out.

Are you sure the battery in it is fully charged and/or do you have another battery to try?
Old 12-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MarkA
I didn't realize until I looked at your picture again that you have the integrated ESC/receiver so if you didn't get steering back from the re-bind procedure, your issue is probably with the receiver portion of that unit and unfortunately, there is very little that can be done when those go out.

Are you sure the battery in it is fully charged and/or do you have another battery to try?
Yes, battery is fully charge. Is there any recommendation on buying a different more reliable ESC? This has happened second time in few weeks and it looks like this specific ESC is not reliable.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

There is a slim, very slim, chance you could get something like this Reedy Micro ESC/rx unit to bind to your radio but I'm unaware of anyone who's done it and wouldn't guarantee it.
Typically, on the off-brand micros, you are limited to the OEM replacement unit. Because it is an integrated unit, you would need both a new receiver that would bind to your Tx and then a different ESC itself and at that point, you might better off considering moving on from the brands like HSP altogether.