Community
Wiki Posts
Search

parts list for ground up build

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 04:30 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile parts list for ground up build

hey guys. so my girlfriend is really into nitro powered r/c cars. and i have wanted one for as long as i can remember but never got around to buying one.
so we were talking and she said to me that we should each build our own from the ground up. that being said, she knows more about them than i do and i was wondering if anybody on here would be willing to give me a complete list of parts, tools, etc. that i would need to build my own from the ground up without using a kit. and if thats not possible, be willing to suggest a good 1/10 scale kit to build off of. i plan on using all good parts and minimal plastic because i dont want it to be too fragil. i want it to be pretty good because i have another friend who already has a few and we wanted to be able to race them against each other and what not. i was thinking i wanted to make something like a trophy truck or rally truck. any help would be greatly apprecated. like i said i kind of need a really good break down of parts i need to buy in alot of detail. i plan on using an aluminum chassis but after that im not really sure about the parts i need. i know i will need suspension arms and things like that so a list of all parts would be greatly appreciated. i thank you for your help and look forward to chatting i also know that i am a newb when it comes to this but my girlfriend and best friend aren't so i feel pretty confident that i dont need to get a beginners set up since im going to be learning to control them on my buddies beginner car once again thank you for your help. i just cant seem to find a list anywhere and i figure, who would be better to ask than anyone on this forum
Old 08-17-2016, 06:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Traxxas Slash Nitro it.s a 1Oth scale sct/trophy truck...for a parts list you can download the manual.
Tools
Hex wrenches.. MIP
Nut drivers.. Dynamite
Thst should get you started..and im sure you could just peak into your buddys tool box and see what he keeps on stock..
Old 08-18-2016, 02:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Not sure if money is a factor, but you will pay waaay more than buying a kit or 2nd hand buying parts to build from scratch. Trust me I have done it before and won't do it again. But if it's want you want then what rannblod said is pretty much it, find a manual of something like you want and get your parts list from there.
Old 08-19-2016, 10:26 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks for the help guys i will let you know how it goes