Pull Start

Old 12-30-2005, 11:59 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Pull Start

I took a pull start off one of my engines, and seperated the case from the other peice that has a spring or something?

I connect them back and it will turn the engine over, but it won't recoil the rope back into the case.

Tips? Thanks.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Well, maybe it's time for you to use a starter box. Maybe if you'll be able to fix your pullstart, it might still not last long.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Suspended

Location: please try not to look at my avatar to long may cause u know what

ok u didnt winde up the spring in it. take the handel off and spin the rope back on the spool inside the pull cord. then when it is all the way in sping the plastic pice that the rope goes on un til it feelsthat it has allot of tention. then carfully take the end of the rope and thread it through the hole through the pull start ans thread ur handel on and tie it off and ur done
Old 01-01-2006, 10:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

AFter you have done all that and are fustrated beyond belief!!!

Order your self up a SULLIVAN TIGER Drive- IT bolts in place where that pull start went and u can use any cordless drill to fire up the engine every time all the time. IF you dont own a drill your next best option is the roto start by hpi and or hotbodies.

Dont even think about buying your self a replacement pull start. Any hobby shop that would let you buy one in this day and age should be out of business

Pull starters and Timer chargers should have been taken off the market 10years ago!
Old 01-01-2006, 11:56 AM
Suspended

Location: please try not to look at my avatar to long may cause u know what

i i had more troubble with my rotostart than my pull starts. just get a starter box
Old 01-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

well i did say the sullivan is my first pick!

But of course the starter box is the real first choice for reliablity day in and day out. But if you must go onboard the sullivan is great