Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Where does the Traxxas temp gauge go? >

Where does the Traxxas temp gauge go?

Where does the Traxxas temp gauge go?

Old 12-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Rookie

Exclamation Where does the Traxxas temp gauge go?

I noticed a temperature gauge in the accessories section for the jato on the traxxas website . I have just purchased one of these and should arrive soon.

Where do I mount it on the car. Can anyone describe where? or supply me with a illustration/pic? thanks
Old 12-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Tech Master

If it is a hoop style temp monitor then you should loop the wire around the base of the cylinder head. The closer to the top of the combustion chamber the wire is the more accurate the reading. AS for the device itself...that's a good one. Mount the unit anywhere where the wires will be out of the way. Make sure you can peer into the window and view the tempurature without having to remove the body. This will make the task of checking engine tempuratures easier and more convinient. The device should mount with double sided tape, and would probably fit on the electronics box. Wait until you see how long the wire is before you experiment, that way you will also get an idea of how large the unit actually is when compared to the car itself. If I'm not mistaken, the temp monitor comes with detailed instructions on proper use, so it should let you know the most efficient way to mount it to the car.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Platinum_Racing you are packed with excellent advice!

Thank you