R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Rookie Zone (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone-7/)
-   -   Ok, Mikey needs a lil' TC3 help!! (https://www.rctech.net/forum/rookie-zone/9518-ok-mikey-needs-lil-tc3-help.html)

Mikey 11-13-2002 12:26 AM

Ok, Mikey needs a lil' TC3 help!!

Not directly to the TC3, i ordered a factory team car and I'm trying to pick a good radio, so far I have the airtronics M8, now my question is, do I get the one with the servos or without, and if I get them wthout what kinda of servos do you reccomend, also any tips, on anything for the car, hopups, esc's, motor, baterries, charger, any info would be awesome, also one more, I saw an extension kit for the car to make it 200mm, is that right? its already 190mm right?, just wondering because I have a HPI SS and a 200mm body..........hey sorry so long, but just making sure.....Mikey
ps The setup I want is for racing at the local track, indoor and outdoor, longer straight aways then turns., just want to come in with the goods and come up, budget -there is none( just a credit card waitin to be abused, what the hell)........spankyou:D

Sigearhead 11-13-2002 12:41 AM

If you plan or racing the car do not get the 200mm conversion. It will be Illegal.
Get the radio without the servos. You will want to get a servo like the JR 8450 or the KO Propo 2143. They are both awesome servos and well worth the money. As for and ESC I recommend either the GMv12XC or the Quantum Competition.
The best Chargers are Competition Electronics. Get a Turbo 35SE. They have a new charger in the works but it hasn't been releaseed. As far as batteries go, you can get Panasonic Ultra Metal 3000's, Sanyo HV either 3000's or 3300's or the GP3300's also, they will all work well at the track and they are all top of the line batteries.
As for motors, get some Fantom P2k2's or GM3's make sure to pay the extra couple of bucks for the limited editions. Also the new Montser Stock performs extremely well.

Also since you plan on racing, using bodies like the SS will not be to your advantage as it affects the cars handling. Using bodies like the Protoform Stratus, the Vauxhall, the Volvo S60, Stratus 2.0, the Parma X20 and the such are much better suited for racing. Cool bodies like Saleens, Porsche's, Ferraris and stuff noramlly don't peform well on the track.

fireblade 11-13-2002 07:50 AM

DONT GET JR!!! For racing I have seen so many people brake them things. Ive broken 2 in 2 weeks! As singer said, get Airtronics or Ko;)

Sigearhead 11-13-2002 09:49 AM

Can't break JR, it's a metal gear servo. It also has a 5 year warranty.

Mikey 11-13-2002 11:37 AM

Holy, Thanks for the sound advice, what about the Trininty D5, the new one.......thanks for all the advice guys

MaverickRacing 11-13-2002 12:25 PM

Mikey- I wouldnt reccomend the D5, it offers no actual benefit, it just costs alot of money. The "flat wire technology" is nothing but one of trinitys gimmicks to get you to buy their product. Im running a Trinity D4 right now, but I intend on getting a Reedy Ti.
As for servos, How much are you wiling to spend? i have a KO 2143 in my car, and am very pleased with it. I had one of those JR servos, and i stripped the metal gears, so you get the idea.

With ESC's, you can get a Keyence, LRP, or Novak. Those are all trusted names with top of the line ESC's.

The FTTC3 doesnt really need hopups, its great out of the box. Get a Competition Electronics charger, since you have no budget, those would be the best.

If you want to race Stock class, id recommend you stay away from trinity, and reedy. pick up the Integy V10 pro, its by far the fastest stock motor available. Ask anyone that owns one.

Batteries- For stock, SMC or Reedy 2400s, for mod, SMC or reedy 3000s. i havent tried the 3300's yet, ive heard both good and bad things about them.

hope this helps.

Mikey 11-13-2002 12:57 PM

Hey thanks mav, thanks for alll the help, Im lookin at for batteries, on ebay I saw the panasonic UM 3000, for sale, are these good to buy, also wil n-e servos work with the airtronics, futaba, ko, etc..... thanks

CalmCyclone 11-13-2002 01:29 PM

The Airtronics M8 is a good choice for radio.

Servo: any digital with metal gears (Futaba S9450, KO Propo PDS-2143)
Receiver: stock one or Novak XXtra (don't need Rx crystals)
ESC: Novak TC2, GT7, Keyence Zero-V Extreme
Motors: Fantom stock and modified
Batteries: Trinity or ProMatch Racing matched packs
Charger: Reedy Quasar Pro

Claydoh 11-13-2002 02:44 PM

I like the gp3300's from www.promatchracing.com good price and great specs.

I use a hitec 925mg and it's working great. but any servo thats over 100 oz. and .12 transit time is fine.

I haven't seen any hop up for a tc3 that will really help that much. Maybe the alum input shafts from IRS but they wear down pretty quick.

Glue-Stick 11-15-2002 01:42 AM

Mikey,
Don't worry about the car and your equipment too much until you can drive consistently quick laps. not sayin you can't but this is in the rookie section!

good luck!

fireblade 11-15-2002 07:53 AM

Originally posted by Claydoh
I like the gp3300's from www.promatchracing.com good price and great specs.

I use a hitec 925mg and it's working great. but any servo thats over 100 oz. and .12 transit time is fine.

I haven't seen any hop up for a tc3 that will really help that much. Maybe the alum input shafts from IRS but they wear down pretty quick.

Screw the GP man. SMC is has Sanyo's out that have same numbers as any 3000 HV:nod:

Mikey 11-15-2002 08:20 AM

Thanks to All!!, I ran nitro and electric back in the day, its just been a long time and making sure...............
Here is the breakdown after two weeks of research and a maxed credit card,
Factory team TC3
Novak GT7
Futaba s9450 servos
Reedy Ti double turn 10
sanyo gp3300
quasar pro charger
brp nerf bumpers all the way around
deans battery jig and misc battery parts
airtronics mx3

Where can I get shumacher 64p's thanks again Mikey

Mikey 11-15-2002 01:47 PM

will a HPI audi a4 190mm fit the FTC3?

MaverickRacing 11-15-2002 06:14 PM

dont forget to buy tires, since the factory team tc3 doesnt include them!

Mikey 11-15-2002 08:50 PM

I have some hpi rims and x radials on them, will that work
26mm