Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2016, 05:52 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New

Hello new to RC figured it would be a good hobby for my and my boys, not sure of any clubs or anything where I live in missouri. Not eve sure if the car we got to start with is any good any advice or tips on what it can be used for would be grate heres here is what I got Features:
Aluminum centre drive shaft
Powerful 540 Brushed Motor
Powerful Electronic Speed Controller
Large solid aluminum shock towers
High performance front/rear differentials
Adjustable front and rear suspension
Anodized aluminum radio tray
Oil filled adjustable shocks
Off road knobby tires
Stylish off road wing

Any tip or advice would be awsome
Old 07-06-2016, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like your common front yard.park.offroad basher just run it and have fun with it.. Things to make life easy.. Tools.decent charger. 2 or 3 batteries..if you don't have a hobby store around that has parts support.you might want to stock up on a arms and commonly broken parts.research your vehicle...

That's my advice now I will let the pros chime in
Old 07-06-2016, 07:05 PM
Tech Rookie

well i know my car was a beginner kit same Fram and Bodie comes in 2 diffrent kits with upgraded motor, gears and such. but I didn't want to start to high end just learning and there will be a 4 yearold driving at some point
Old 07-06-2016, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aderaps
well i know my car was a beginner kit same Fram and Bodie comes in 2 diffrent kits with upgraded motor, gears and such. but I didn't want to start to high end just learning and there will be a 4 yearold driving at some point
What is this kit you speak of?
Old 07-06-2016, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

exceed off road buggy rtr 1/10 scale
Old 07-06-2016, 07:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by aderaps
exceed off road buggy rtr 1/10 scale
Not familiar with that brand but good luck and have fun.. Buggy's are fun but SCT short course trucks seem to more durable for begginers..ecx and traxxas makes great begginer cars in case the exceed don.t work out for you.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:14 PM
Tech Rookie

well luckly it comes with a set of spare parts haha, but I wasn't sure what to get when I was looking and I liked how it looked and 4wd.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:39 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Welcome. Have fun with it. You'll know when ready to move up to better vehicle.

There is a group in St.Louis area. Never felt with them.

http://www.bigsquidrc.com/event-cove...ale-park-bash/
Old 07-07-2016, 08:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't know the car that you have but here goes.....generally, most clubs have a facebook or website. Search your town for rc clubs. It should come up with something nearby. Like St Louis offroad rc clubs. That should get you somewhere. Most clubs will put you in a class comparable to your speed and skill. There are generally eight types of cars run in offroad. Truggy (electric and nitro), 1/8 scale buggy(electric and nitro), 1/10 scale buggy (2wd and 4 wd), short course truck (2wd and 4 wd). They will run them according to car count. For instance, 4wd short course at my club is almost non existent so they don't run them, but if someone shows up with one we lump them in with the 2wd short course. Some of the brand names are Losi, Team Associated, Teckno, just to name a few. You should have a car that you can easily get spares and new parts over the counter because just like any kind of racing, you will break your car. You should be able to find good used car to start out with but the car you have now should do for a while.
Races are run like a Saturday night stock car event with heats and mains. Don't expect to win your first night out. You gotta remember that a lot of these people have been doing this for years. Don't be afraid to ask questions and for help, most will help you

Last edited by buster8787; 07-07-2016 at 08:32 AM.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/kansas-missouri-racing-56/