Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What to bring to track?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2016, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default What to bring to track?

I was just wondering, what are some recommended items to bring to a track, besides the car and whatever tools I used to build it (and charger, since my car is electric).

Chair?
Anything else?
Old 07-04-2016, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Depends on the track.

Some outdoor ones you will need to bring a chair, table, extension cord and probably something to give you some shade. Most indoor ones, nothing beyond your car/tools/spares. Call the specific track before you go so that you'll know.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Maybe a small cooler for food and drink if the track doesn't sell anything or if there isn't anything close!
Again talk to the track operator to find out exactly!
Old 07-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

spare parts, A-arms, shock oil, tires, two batteries, for the most part, anything more is just dead weight for a club race 15 mins from your house. If I travel, I bring the kitchen sink if you know what I mean. Also, if there is no power, make sure you have some way to charge be it an inverter, generator, or a spare car battery and jumper cables.

Last edited by buster8787; 07-04-2016 at 05:35 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

If you're so new that you need to ask, not saying it's a bad thing. Bring everything you own. Odds are you don't have much, yet, anyway. And you'll quickly figure what you do and don't need to bring.

IMO
Old 07-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by racer1812
If you're so new that you need to ask, not saying it's a bad thing. Bring everything you own. Odds are you don't have much, yet, anyway. And you'll quickly figure what you do and don't need to bring.

IMO
Come to think of it now, I would agree with this.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

IMO
Originally Posted by buster8787
Come to think of it now, I would agree with this.
I say that because I've helped more than one person who simply brought a car,radio,battery, and charger. No tools, no instructions (maybe they have a car,radio,esc, you're not familiar with) nothing. When you ask "do you have this or that?" they say "at home".

Other people bring everything, and then you can help them by saying.."you'll never need this or that at the track, you can leave it at home."

Like a lot of things in this hobby it's a learned "thing". On average I bring stuff I'll likely never use. Only because there was that ONE time that I could have used an item, and didn't bring it.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If it's a race day I bring everything I can think of. Spares, tools, stands, fluids, lamps, you name it. If it's just a 2 hour practice day after work I bring the car I want to practice with, minimal tools, minimal tires, and charger. Carry it all in one small car carrier bag. I will leave my spares box out in the car just in case, but won't haul it in.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

IMO
Yep, its not like you have to get it all out your car when you get there. Just get the essentials out for what you need and at least you know there is extras in there in case.
Old 07-06-2016, 08:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I wish I had just bought a rolling hauler bag years ago . I thought they were over priced , silly , and all the other things people say about them. I tell you though , after having one , I will never go without. All my tools , spares , chemicals , oils, charger, batteries, fuel , soldering iron , it all fits in the dang hauler. Everything you need in one place , and you don't have to load and unload 5 different bags, boxes, totes etc. Just 1 hauler in the house , car , track . Its all there , all the time .
Old 09-01-2016, 07:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Jason snider has a great YouTube channel where he talks about what he brings to the track. And other great videos.
Old 09-10-2016, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You've gotten some good advice here. Also, stop down at your local track, walk around the pits, ask questions, and take notice what people have with them.

As far as racing, I can't help you out there since I'm a noob myself.
Old 09-10-2016, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If you are going to race, just visit a race beforehand and see/ask around what everyone has.

If this is setting up a temporary track on a parking lot, bring a broom/deck brush on top of the stuff people noted above.