TC3 Body Compatibility

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TC3 Body Compatibility

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Talking TC3 Body Compatibility (UPDATED w/ pics)

I recently got myself a 1/10th on-road and ended up with the NTC3. I'm not a huge fan of the import bodies that are so common with these cars and would like to move towards the older muscle cars. So my question is, could I use either the Cuda or the Charger that HPI manufactures for the savage? I am a little concerned about the wheelbase and width. Any help would be much appreciated, even pictures of anybody's car that has one of these bodies mounted would sure help me out. Cheers

Last edited by Epik; 12-27-2005 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-23-2005, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Unfortunately I doubt the HPI savage Cuda or Charger body would fit right. You can probebly put them on, but I bet that they'll be too wide and/or too long. Your best bet would be to go to your local hobby shop with your car and see if they'll fit on right before you buy it. Your other option is to pick up an HPI 200 mm '68 Camero or '65 Shelby. They're designed for nitro touring cars.

-Frank
Old 12-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks Frank! Yeah I've been looking all over the place for different bodies, just thought I'd try something a little different. I was hoping one of these might fit becasue I know for sure that my LHS has them stocked. I am very impatient. Anyways I'll update this thread with pictures of what I end up getting.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:42 PM
Tech Master

Any 200 MM body would work, but for vintage stuff stick with HPI. Get another body to drive, and keep the vintage one to look at. The last time I had an HPI body on my TC3 I only got to run it once before the damn thing fell apart.

The reason for the current touring car bodies is downforce. The Mazda 6, Dodge Stratus 3.0, and Honda Accord all provide excellent downforce. It's mainly for aerodynamic advantages rather than cosmetic advantages that people use the newer style lids. They provide steady downforce over the entire chassis, and keep the car balanced at speed. The vintage shell you're looking for will cause your car to handle slighly worse than a car with a more race inspired body, but then again I doubt blazing fast lap times are what you're looking for.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

I don't know who this belongs to, but I found it in the HPI Gallerys and just had to save it because i'm such a Mopar freak.

www.hpiracing.com
Old 12-26-2005, 11:10 PM
Tech Rookie

I ended up getting the HPI cuda... I also ordered the shelby mustang and the new camaro bodies from HPI. Once I get it all painted and mounted up, I'll get some pictures on here.
Old 12-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Tech Rookie

I think it looks pretty BAD-ARS if I don't say so myself...

So innocent...

It turned out very good and fit better than I expected. It has some minor wheelbase issues, but its not as noticable as I thought it would have been. As far as width, its a little on the narrow side but still doesn't look to shabby. Let me know what you think of her...
Old 12-27-2005, 11:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey that looks pretty slick. I would keep that body for concourse or for the shelve(when not running). Or when your in the pits and not working onthe car. just curious where in canada are you located.
Old 12-28-2005, 02:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey that looks pretty slick. I would keep that body for concourse or for the shelve(when not running). Or when your in the pits and not working onthe car. just curious where in canada are you located.
Yeah, I was thinkin it would be a shame to ruin such a nice body. I might just use it for show. I'm in Alberta. I see you are in Canada as well.

Last edited by Epik; 12-29-2005 at 04:16 PM.