Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Got my first ride! >

Got my first ride!

Got my first ride!

Old 04-22-2016, 08:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Got my first ride!

Posted an Xbox one bundle on our local racong page and within minutes one of the top drivers in the area said he wanted to work a trade to get the system for his son. Turns out he had exactly what I wanted: Team Associated B4.2 RTR, a few mods done to the front end to reinforce for oval racing, like new DSMR radio system, vintage body (still in packaging), and battery. Only thing I have to add is a charger.

Painted the body last night and soon realized it takes a lot more patience than I expected to cut the body out. However, just painting the body was EXTREMELY enjoyable.

Here she is!- why can't I post images?
Old 04-22-2016, 08:59 PM
Tech Regular

Elite members can post directly. Otherwise you need to use a hosting site like Photobucket. Once you upload the photo to Photobucket, you can click on the photo, which will pull up list of url to the right of the picture. Copy the IMG url, and paste it in your reply and the photos will be there.
Old 04-22-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Old 04-22-2016, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Bruce!
Old 04-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default body

WOW that is a cool body. what is it i can see one in bright yellow on a car of mine
Old 04-22-2016, 10:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Nice!!!

Congrats! Looks like you hooked up with a killer deal! The body looks great! I like the vintage body with a vintage look with the paint. Now that you're officially a driver, find your local tracks and get in there! Always try to support your local hobby shops. Its getting tough for them to compete with the online dealers but those are the guys that will get their hands dirty trying to help you out. Happy racing and Dont forget.... Drive it like you stole it!!!
Old 04-22-2016, 10:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 55Guy View Post
WOW that is a cool body. what is it i can see one in bright yellow on a car of mine
http://www.mcallisterracing.com/index_files/Page475.htm

It is the #240 Modified Coupe. The guy that makes them runs his operation out of his garage from what I understand.

Originally Posted by Certified Mike View Post
Congrats! Looks like you hooked up with a killer deal! The body looks great! I like the vintage body with a vintage look with the paint. Now that you're officially a driver, find your local tracks and get in there! Always try to support your local hobby shops. Its getting tough for them to compete with the online dealers but those are the guys that will get their hands dirty trying to help you out. Happy racing and Dont forget.... Drive it like you stole it!!!
I agree Mike. We have an amazing shop here in Pensacola, FL called Hobby Central. I went in a few weeks ago to get some details about getting into the hobby and knew I wanted to buy my stuff from them simply on how well I was treated when I walked in. I can say, i hated having to tell the owner that I wasn't going to buy from him as far as car, body, etc. I actually went in and got the paint for the body, scissors, etc. for painting that night.

Me being so new to the hobby, I doubt I will need to order much off line. He probably has 99% of the stuff I will need starting out. By the time I pay for shipping, the money I would "save" online is not large enough to warrant ordering it. Unless of course I just happen to find a blowout deal or something.

Like right now I am prowling the pages for a large lot of asphalt tires. I know being new I am likely to eat up a set pretty quickly. So buying a good bulk lot of tires would behoove me if I could find them for the right price.