Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Duratrax Evader >

Duratrax Evader

Duratrax Evader

Old 12-15-2005, 05:41 PM
Tech Adept

Default Duratrax Evader

I just bought a Duratrax evader of ebay for 30 bucks. It has every thing on it but a motor, even adjustable aluminum shocks. What should I expect out of this thing? Was it a waste of money, or is it a good truck? I dont race or anything. It's just to play with.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Adept

From what I hear it's a great basher. For $30 you should have a blast. What kind of electonics did it come with?
Old 12-15-2005, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

Its got a futaba reciver and servos. Medium torqe for the steering and standard for the throttle.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

If the steering servo is an S3003, you might want to upgrade it to something a little better. That servo is a little slow and low on the torque side. For a cheap upgrade, try Bluebird servos. You can find them at www.slickzero.com.

Do you have any pics of you new find?
Old 12-16-2005, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

Well, its a S3004. I don't know much about this, is that any better? It's the same as the S3003 but with a ball bearing I think. And no, I dont have a picture, because I dont have a digital camera. I cant afford a camera, but I bought the evader. Kinda funny huh?
Old 12-17-2005, 09:59 AM
Tech Master

The S3004 is only .3 seconds faster then the S3003 and it comes with 1 ballbearing on the splined shaft. The Evader is okay, but I went through A-arms and front shock towers like no body's business. The diff doesn't seem to hold up to much stress, either. However, in my opinion, it's still a good car.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:55 AM
Tech Master

Evaders are tough, but there are tougher. They represent a medium between the racers from Associated and Losi, and the durability of the Rustler and Stadium Blitzer.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

I have an evader pro and I love it I jump the hell out of the thing whenever possible and have never broken a part.The servo definately needs to be swapped for more torque I agree