Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Short course stock class. >

Short course stock class.

Short course stock class.

Old 03-14-2016, 08:06 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Short course stock class.

Hey guys I'm kind of new to the R/C scene. Was wondering what the rules are for Short course stock class I know you're supposed to have a 17.5 motor just dont know what else? Also, what are some good 17.5 motors and or any other products to be competitive in short course racing. Thanks! Also leisure hours raceway would be my home track considering its closest to me, so if anyone who races there knows the rules for the track regarding short course stock that would be nice don't know if it differs from track to track.
Old 03-15-2016, 03:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I hear alot of good things about the Hobbywing Juststock esc
.as far as motors only 17.5s I can speak on from experience. Is Trackstar,Revtech and Schuur Speed extreme stock all great motors but the Schuur Speed is defiantly the winner IMO of the 3.
I'm not a racer just a track bum so someone else will have to clue you in on the rules and maybe better choices in gear.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Typically, "stock" is a motor, not an actual car spec. Years ago, "box-stock" SC classes were popular in some areas and that limited what you could do to what would usually have been a RTR Slash but I don't know of anyplace racing that anymore.

There is a thread for that specific track here: http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ceway-905.html
Old 03-15-2016, 12:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you mark I own a sc-10 so gona start up grading it so i can run in the stock class just have to find a good setup. Any insight on one?
Old 03-15-2016, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

That used to be my home track. I'd recommend starting out in the rookie class. If you do that, you won't have to worry about the stock class rules. LHR follows ROAR rules as a guideline for the stock classes though.

These are really the only ones that are enforced there:
1. Roar approved 17.5
2. Zero timing esc