Community
Wiki Posts
Search

buying a nitro monster/stadium truck... help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Rookie

Default buying a nitro monster/stadium truck... help please

i am gonna buy me a nitro rc truck.... i saw on ebay there are himoto's blah blah, although the speed and type of truck is similar to those. im not too sure about those himoto trucks though...

any ideas on what would be a good nitro truck similar to the revo, tmaxx, savage, etc. What would be the best and cheapest RTR...

i def. want the nitro monster style truck, i dont want to race, i have plenty of terrain around here, flat grass (a whole lot), jumps, dirt, dips, and rocks... an rc nitro that would be great for my needs... info please on a good lil truck that gets up in power and can be fun to play with, with little maintenance if possible would be appreciated...

thanks,

b
Old 11-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Tech Rookie

any good websites besides towwerhobbies would be great too...

thanks,
b
Old 11-30-2005, 08:36 PM
Tech Adept

There's a guy on rc-racing.org with a good truck for sale in the for sale section check it out.
Old 12-01-2005, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Those companies are really out of there league. They not only are primitive suspensions, but for the price they are poorly equipped. They all claim that their buggy is the latest and greatest, or there truck won some imaginable tournament, but they have nothing to back those claims.

A good Team Losi or Traxxas car would be great. The Traxxas JATO is a 2 speed, 2WD stadium truck with a great looking shell and cool tires. It comes with an onboard electric starting system that requires you to plug in a battery and push a button to start the engine. The TRX 2.5 is supposed to be pretty easy to tune too. The Traxxas REVO has the same engine, but comes with an electronicly controlled 2 speed tranny, 4 cantilevered shocks, insane suspension travel, 4WD, and a sweet looking body. It's a very good monster truck from a company who pretty much started the serious world of nitro monster trucks. The Losi XXX-NT is a great racer, and the RTR II makes a great basher. It has the racing potential of the AD2 version and comes with high quality JR radio equipment. It uses a shaft starter that elimintates the pull starter.

All these trucks make great first cars, but the Team Associated RC10GT is probably the longest standing nitro truck around. It's not the fact that it's been in prouduction for so long, but it has been winning for damn near forever! The GT has kicked Losi's ass for years in a back and forth battle that lead to the creation of the XXX-NT in the first place. The GT is one of the first (If not then THE first) nitro stadium truck.

Let us know if you need anything else!
Old 12-01-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Rookie

thanks a bunch, great info!
Old 12-01-2005, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

if your going to be racing a monster truck... the lightning truck is great...also the new ofna jammin' x1 crt...whoaaaaa what a truck lol