Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Newbies I have something for you.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Newbies I have something for you.

If you are like me, new to this sport and would like to cut the learning curve. I have something for you.

I purchased the VRC USB connector and downloaded the software. My goal is to spend one hour a day with this software.

after 1 week, I went to the track for the weekend race. I did my personal best by 2 laps in stock truck and this was one 1 lap short of the record, in touring car, I increase 3 laps from my personal best.

This software has showed me to slow down and learn to drive consistent, to go fast.

Here is my other problem, since when I get home at night, it is dark, I can not head off to the track for a little practice, I can pratice driving from the computer.

Here is the web site: www.virtualrc.com
Old 11-15-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

I was supprised with this. It is fairly good. The only thing I don't like is $45 for the adapter.

and $10 per extra track.

The online doesn't intrest me though because I would probably be going solo for quite a while.

Cool product.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

I love the drifting stuff! My favorite is tuning, then I get to see what works. I just use regular game controllers, because when I built my PC I had one thing in mind......ultimate gaming rig! Which is why I have case lights, lighted fans, a lexan window! It makes games load faster!!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

For a person starting out, 45.00 is a lot better then the 70.00 I spent to finish my first race... in parts....

I feel the money is pretty fair, given the sofware and supporting it's development. I add a track per month, and let's face it, it is cheaper then beer for the month.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

^^^^^ True true... even though I don't drink...

I guess it's worth it. I didn't really look at it that way.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

I like it and if helps one person, that is great, that is what this hobby/sport is all about.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

You could basically say the same thing about the duratrax real race 2. Fifty bucks for the software, controller, etc. You can download tracks & make tracks. Might not be as good looking but the same purpose. The only thing I don't like about vrc is there is no offroad. I race mainly offroad and would prefer to see that. There is also no 1/12th scale only 1/10, 1/8? scale onroad.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 11-17-2005, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

I agree with youWicked-Wayz. I'd like to see off road as well as indoor electric. As for offroad I think it would be so much harder to make. Ruts and bumps I mean, haveing them effect the cars and so on. Besides the track is always changing and I can't think that they could replicate this.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeWO
I agree with youWicked-Wayz. I'd like to see off road as well as indoor electric. As for offroad I think it would be so much harder to make. Ruts and bumps I mean, haveing them effect the cars and so on. Besides the track is always changing and I can't think that they could replicate this.
The different levels they already have down. Shape some of them into a jump and use a dirt texture. Having the track change isn't as important as driving. It would be a nice feature & can be done. Learning how to take & land the jumps & steering. Doing this is more important to me in my opinion. This is one thing I work on myself is setting up for taking & landing a jump. I can do it & not wreck but the more practice the better. Every setup done is an about setup. No one will ever have the perfect setup. They will have what they feel is the perfect setup.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 11-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Tech Adept

Very true^^^^

I don't race off-road or on for that matter (I was planning on getting into it though) so your opinion and ideas are based much better than mine.
Old 11-17-2005, 05:48 PM
Tech Elite

I agree, no off road, and only 1/10 and 1/8, gas only, no elec.

I use it to learn to drive... not really for tuning, just getting the driving down. Since on-road happens so much faster, it help me greatly for off road. And I agree 1/12 would be great.....
Old 11-17-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeWO
Very true^^^^

I don't race off-road or on for that matter (I was planning on getting into it though) so your opinion and ideas are based much better than mine.
Don't feel that way at all. Your opinion is just as important as mine. Me having the experience doesn't mean anything. People have been in this hobby less time then me & know more. I know what I would like to see & so do you. bvoltz I agree with ya on that.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 11-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bvoltz
For a person starting out, 45.00 is a lot better then the 70.00 I spent to finish my first race... in parts....

I feel the money is pretty fair, given the sofware and supporting it's development. I add a track per month, and let's face it, it is cheaper then beer for the month.

I disagree with that, because I think everyones first race is all about technical problems mostly. For me I broke two body mounts on my t4 by trying to jump a curb, but my front shocks were set too soft and I broke two body mounts by flipping it onto a sidewalk Then my trim wasn't set right because I bought my t4 used and the turnbuckles needed adjustment, and both wheels were each turned out on each side, so no matter where I set the trim on the controller one wheel was always crooked. So went I went around my dads truck, it turned into it and one wheel smashed agaist my dads actual chevy blazer tire and I snapped a front hub Then my first race I wasn't too familiar with the race schedule, and I didn't know when I was up and they put me in the first race and I didn't know I was racing and had no charged battery at all because I used it up in warm ups and had a dns. So then my second race, towards the end of the race some kid smashes into my back wheel and makes my T4 go into a wall and I broke my stock associated servo And for my third race I had already gone through two servos and had no money and couldn't race.

BTW this is at the rcmadness carpet track which has jumps and bumps and burms and tables and everything on the track and it wasn't too easy my first time with my first car. I think some cones in the driveway is the best way to master turning and speed, but right now it snowed for the first time in MA so I might have to consider this program.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AE guy
and both wheels were each turned out on each side, so no matter where I set the trim on the controller one wheel was always crooked.

not to take this off subject, but both of the front wheels are supposed to point away from eachother slightly. it is this way so that the car will track straighter and wont have a super aggressive turn-in. the term for it is called "toe out". if you reduce the angle, the cars steering will be more responsive, however it wont tend to want to track as straight as before. it will be twitchy. on another note, the rear wheels should point toward eachother slightly. if you meant that the link was bent or something, and already knew (the above stated), then nevermind

but about the vrc simulator, it is uber-cool! but it's too bad they dont have electric cars. we could always pretend that they are just loud electric cars, right?
Old 11-28-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Platinum_Racing
I love the drifting stuff! My favorite is tuning, then I get to see what works. I just use regular game controllers, because when I built my PC I had one thing in mind......ultimate gaming rig! Which is why I have case lights, lighted fans, a lexan window! It makes games load faster!!
well...if u didnt spend the money on all that crap u could have bought faster stuff lol...but once u look into the pretty lights.......hours take mear minutes.....ooo pretty lights

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.