Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how to get help?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default how to get help?

it seems showcase threads/unboxing threads get 100x the replies of help threads, easy.

I've posted in the rookie/newbie part before and I've not gotten any replies at all.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Maybe nobody knows the answer to your question. You can try to find a forum specific to the vehicle you are asking about.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What's your question.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

There's a lot of people trying to help on this forum, and there's also a lot of people who will just tell you to keep searching for your answers in ancient threads that are 100 pages long. There also will be nice people and you'll find a good sum of very rude people. Some times it just takes a while to get answers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't give up....or try a forum where people are more generally nice. Try posting your question in the category related to it, and if you really need answers fast, just PM someone who has helped you in the past.....and consider me as one of those people ongoing. PM me and I'll give you my email or cell.
Old 11-19-2015, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

His question:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-vehicles.html

I never heard of the vehicle in question, so I am of no help.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

There he has an answer.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

Never had a 8x8 but the 6x6 I had was terrible. Full circle was probably an honest 10ft
Old 11-19-2015, 09:38 PM
Suspended

locked diffs with make TR way more than unlocked diffs. But if you have some of the 8x8 wheels articulate ur radius will decrease. as for actual known feet unknown as these are custom builds and very few have same specs. Id say over 10'
Old 11-20-2015, 12:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lemonader83
There's a lot of people trying to help on this forum, and there's also a lot of people who will just tell you to keep searching for your answers in ancient threads that are 100 pages long. There also will be nice people and you'll find a good sum of very rude people. Some times it just takes a while to get answers.

I guess what I'm trying to say is don't give up....or try a forum where people are more generally nice. Try posting your question in the category related to it, and if you really need answers fast, just PM someone who has helped you in the past.....and consider me as one of those people ongoing. PM me and I'll give you my email or cell.

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
Maybe nobody knows the answer to your question. You can try to find a forum specific to the vehicle you are asking about.
I've tried searching for answers long before I've asked them and I've even trawled through countless youtube videos looking for clues. Most videos basically track the rc veh moving so it's impossible to gauge the turning radius. Based on 1 video, I was able to estimate the tr to be 2-3times veh length,

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Never had a 8x8 but the 6x6 I had was terrible. Full circle was probably an honest 10ft
Originally Posted by flou
There he has an answer.
Originally Posted by Tesla
locked diffs with make TR way more than unlocked diffs. But if you have some of the 8x8 wheels articulate ur radius will decrease. as for actual known feet unknown as these are custom builds and very few have same specs. Id say over 10'

thanks all,

just that I've faced the exact same issue here, rcc, scale4x4 and other rc forums as well.

the reason why I am asking is that, my planned rc project will involve 8 axles and be about 4feet long and it's based off the 8 axles russian ICBM launcher.

The actual vehicle calls for first 3 and last 3 steerable axles.

for axles I have a shortlist of scx10, yota II, tamiya cr-01, tamiya high lift, cross mc8 axles. the tamiya axles come with an option to unlock or lock the axles right off the bat.

scx10 and cross axles requires additional option parts to make it unlocked.

by using the cross mc8's turning radius and the fact that it has locked diffs, I can gauge what my final turn radius is for the 8 axles and whether I should make all 8 axles steerable and whether they should have unlocked/locked axles.

given its length, it's more or less guaranteed to be running on paved surfaces or grassy with hard soil surfaces only. I doubt I will ever use it on off-road tracks
Old 11-20-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

See those final details matter the most. And do you mean 8x8 or 8 axles. .......big difference. 8 axle would be 16x16.js.......
Old 11-21-2015, 12:11 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flou
See those final details matter the most. And do you mean 8x8 or 8 axles. .......big difference. 8 axle would be 16x16.js.......

Yes i am aware of it.
I am using the 8x8 to estimate (double maybe? ) the turning radius of the 16x16 given that there are very few 16x16 projects

At least it would give me a feel or rough idea. The local off-road tracks are, at best, 3m or 9ft wide so if the 8x8 has a 10ft tr then i will definitely have to use unlocked diffs plus all wheel steering for my 16x16
Old 11-21-2015, 02:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

keep in mind that grip is needed to do anything off road, so unless you are running drift tires and rolling on smooth concrete, the vehicles turn radius will be proportionally larger based in how big it is. The diffs being looser will help, but unless you're front or rear end can rotate 90 or more degrees, you're going to be looking at a very wide turning radius.

So think of a zero turn lawn mower and consider this....

What if you could make your entire front axle turn instead of just the wheel angle while on a fixed axle? Sadly, it would be far from scale, unless we're talking about a semi truck build. But it would then have a 4' turn turn radius if it's 4' long and in my opinion would be pretty dang cool to see
Old 11-21-2015, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Having more than one steer axle would help a ton
Old 11-21-2015, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I Google most of my questions first, and then their search engine send me to the page of the forum that best answers my question... Most of the time, someone else already answered my question on Rctech....