Community
Wiki Posts
Search

budget build or top brands?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2015, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Don't go cheap on electronics. I run Tekin in everything I own. Is it expensive? Damn right it is, but you are also paying a premium for top notch customer service. Tekin, viper, Orion, reedy, etc. all have killer support. Nothing is worse than watching a guy at the track struggle to trouble shoot or program his off brand ESC with little to no available resources.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Agree on getting good brands especially if getting serious since it actually saves money in the long term, however I think there decent mud range brands rather than spending crazy amounts of money.

On servos I continually had issues with servo teeth stripping after crashes and kept replacing teeth on two of them. Upgraded to savox and it's been amazing and taken a lot of abuse with my amateur driving and keeps on going.
Old 10-29-2015, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also did the same with tools. Bought cheap ones and the first time I tried to remove a screw from the chassis the tip broke off in the screw. Not fun or easy to remove. Bought decent tools and not one issue since.