Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Losi 2x SCT stopped working? >

Losi 2x SCT stopped working?

Losi 2x SCT stopped working?

Old 08-30-2015, 09:10 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi 2x SCT stopped working?

Hello everyone,
So like the title says, my Losi 2x SCT just stopped working and I really have no idea why. I'm new to RC and am not really sure how to troubleshoot. I was going to go to a local hobby shop and ask them but wanted to try this first.

For a little more context, I just went bashing with my buddy at a dirt spot by my house. I have a 3000 NiMH battery as well as a 7.4V 2S 5000mAh 35C LiPo so I started with the NiMH battery and drove it till it died. Just standard donuts, wall rides, etc. with a few steep incline climbs. As I'm a new driver, I got stuck a few times in some piles of leaves or bushes or whatever but mostly could unstick myself by just full throttling it. Anyways, I drove the battery until it was completely dead then waited ten minutes to let everything cool.

I put in my LiPo and started going but only got about a minute out of it. I was on a dirt patch so drove down and made a left turn. The car cut out for a second though so I ended up in a bush. I tried to go backwards and forwards at top speed a few times and couldn't get it out so I went over and got it out. Drove it back down the dirt patch and then lost all power. No lights, motor wasn't making noises, etc. I tried powering down and turning it back on and I tried replugging in the battery to no avail. Waited 30 minutes, did it all again, and still no luck.

Did I mess it up driving it through the bushes? It is only a 2wd so maybe that could be it? Did something get disconnected? I just don't have any idea how to fix it.

Thanks for reading.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It really just sounds like your lipo may not have gotten a full charge.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check that the battery is charged, you could be hitting lipo cut off. If you're not seeing any lights on any electronics, check your battery -> ESC -> receiver connections. If those all look good and you're still not seeing any lights it might be an ESC issue. It could also possibly be a bad ESC on/off switch if the wires or contacts are loose in that.
Old 09-01-2015, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Or he needs to switch the ecs to lipo instead of nm i had to with my Team assotiated esc instead of red its green now ,look up
Your esc on line an see how to program it to lipo usage ,unless u have the info all ready.