Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Classifieds?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Classifieds?

Hi All, Not sure what happened. I used to be able to post in the classifieds but I stepped away from the forum a while and I am not able to now. Nothing bad happened that I know about? Do I just need to be more active? TIA
Old 08-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...1-11-14-a.html

It was getting spammy/scammy so draconian posting requirements had to be put in place.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by MarkA

It was getting spammy/scammy so draconian posting requirements had to be put in place.
but don't you think just replying 90 "legitimate" times is spammy too? oh we'll here we go...
Old 08-26-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingbreaker
but don't you think just replying 90 "legitimate" times is spammy too? oh we'll here we go...
It's being more of an active member then just coming in here to sell something....which is what the problem was. Not many people are going to sit here and join the discussions to scam once or twice. Also if someone is seen just trying to get their post count up super fast by putting in some basic posts they can get deleted as well. This site isnt designed to first and foremost help people with a free ebay.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
It's being more of an active member then just coming in here to sell something....which is what the problem was. Not many people are going to sit here and join the discussions to scam once or twice. Also if someone is seen just trying to get their post count up super fast by putting in some basic posts they can get deleted as well. This site isnt designed to first and foremost help people with a free ebay.
but don't you think selling gear to members is helpful to the community? if I have some nice rc that I can offer it to a member that might want to try said gear but are not sure they want to at full price or just want to get into cars but not spend a fortune is helpful. No? A community/forum is only as bad as the moderation and how they choose to handle it. It's possible to weed out spam without this kind of moderation. What if you just lurk and have nothing to say as you might not be an expert and don't want to speculate or give input where you're not comfortable doing so. If you think about it. Asking questions is sort of spam. You are asking the members to give you info with nothing great in return besides a thanks. That's all I can offer at the moment. Questions and stuff for sale until I learn more. Not sure how it can be seen as spam/scam

Anyway, I go in phases. I was a big fixed wing guy but right now I'm back into helis and multirotors. I started getting into cars (short course and VTA) a little while back then lost interest again. I noticed I had some nice new stuff sitting on my shelf as well as some used stuff I can offer people here and maybe help them save money. This is the best place as it is car specific.

Other forums work without this kind of "draconian" system. Not sure why this one can't. Oh well. Just my two cents.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

It's not about weeding out "spam"...its about weeding out scammers. Most of the users here are perfectly fine. But there are some that join, offer up an item at a price thats too good to be true and then someone pays for it and never hears from the guy again. They came here because restrictions like this weren't in place. You dont have comment on the rc side of things...go into the chat area and talk about nascar, your favorite beer....whatever.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Or an Elite Membership is $3/mo for one month - cheaper than selling just about anything on Ebay, you should be able to sell everything you want in a month and cancel it after that, and yet, surprisingly, the people who want to post 30 ads in a day linked to a commercial site or, as mentioned above, outright scammers, won't pay.