So lost!!

Old 08-19-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default So lost!!

I've been out of the RC seen for a while.. I would like to start racing I want to start racing with with a short course truck and eventually go into buggy money is not an issue right now I just want to get something good but there so many RC's out there that I can't figure out which one to get which short course truck would you recommend and which buggy would you recommend for racing. I just don't want to buy something old, I want something fairly new everyone is racing with so I can join the rc fun again..I've been looking at a sc10 from team A. And a bm5 from Team A.
Old 08-19-2015, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you want to go Associated, you'll probably want the SC5m, not the SC10 for the SC unless the track you will racing at is one that doesn't have enough grip for mid-motor vehicles, in which case you don't want the B5m for your buggy.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I keep hearing from racers in my local area the the SC5m and B5m seem to be doing pretty good on the outdoor track here, and I know they are working well on the high grip indoor also. I'm curious to try them both on the lower grip outdoor for myself, and compare to my RWD 22 vehicles.

Last edited by WRXnItUp; 08-19-2015 at 01:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

1st thing find out what RC's the fast guys at the track are running and follow the leader.. reason you will have help setting up ur rc and if you break parts a local can sell u some or u can buy onsite..

Im not one for following the leader but in some cases like this you need to...I race with a certain electronics and a certain battery always..
Old 08-19-2015, 03:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

In MY OPINION, if you are planning on racing outdoors, you want something heavy. I had an Associated and sold it because it was too light and with the Prarie winds we get out here, it would flip over backwards all the time no matter how many holes I cut in the body. I finally got a Losi. They are heavy and hard to push around in SC. Teckno is actually better. If you race indoors, Associated is a good choice.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigBadDogg
1st thing find out what RC's the fast guys at the track are running and follow the leader.. reason you will have help setting up ur rc and if you break parts a local can sell u some or u can buy onsite..

Im not one for following the leader but in some cases like this you need to...I race with a certain electronics and a certain battery always..
Meh this is outdated info.

Get what car you want, just realize what you need if something breaks. A little research goes along way. I went completely opposite direction and it worked out quite well for me.

Get what YOU want. 3 Racing makes a good buggy, so does LOSI.

I like OFNA myself for off road. Just get what you want, and practice. The only info you really need from the "fast" guys is tire choice. Get the tirs that work then go from there.