Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Nitro Rustler Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 07:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Traxxas Nitro Rustler Help

Hey guys I just picked up a nitro rustler with out an engine. I put a 3.3 in it and was wondering if you guys would have any advice on good upgrades to start with as I would like to start racing it.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The Nitro Rustler is, unfortunately, an "orphan." That is, in terms of organized racing, the 1/10th stadium class it would fit into died years ago and unless your local track has a catch-all/novice/run-what-ya-brung class, it won't have anyone to race against. If you do still have a Nitro track in your area, you'll want to check in on that or on alternate classes to invest in before putting anymore $$$ into that car for racing.
Old 07-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the advice!!! I had no idea you couldn't race with these. I was able to find a track near me that doesn't really follow any rules more just for fun and bragging rights which is perfect. As I said I am super new. What would you recommend getting if looking into racing?
Old 07-10-2015, 08:41 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shake and Bake
Thanks for the advice!!! I had no idea you couldn't race with these. I was able to find a track near me that doesn't really follow any rules more just for fun and bragging rights which is perfect. As I said I am super new. What would you recommend getting if looking into racing?
Yeah, a "bash track" sounds like it would be perfect for you. As far as racing goes beyond that place, that's a very tough question to answer without knowing what classes/rules/etc. the more organized racing program will be running.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I would upgrade the stock A arms to the RPM A arms. You can get them in several different colors. Much harder to break than the stock.
Old 07-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by outlaw46
I would upgrade the stock A arms to the RPM A arms. You can get them in several different colors. Much harder to break than the stock.
Cool thank you I've also already put the resonator on and are now looking into the hardened steel spur and pinion gears.