First Basher

Old 06-30-2015, 11:04 AM
Tech Adept

I put 2.8 Stampede tires/wheels on mine for bashing in the rough...but even without, ground clearance is acceptable(at least for me)

Old 06-30-2015, 11:05 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Scooterman
How about ground clearance issues with SCT? I'm thinking the kids might have more fun with the extra clearance of a monster truck (rocks, grass etc)
I put Stampede tires/wheels on mine but even without, ground clearance is accetable(at least for me)

Old 06-30-2015, 03:33 PM
Tech Rookie

There are no tracks or racing in my area so the bashing will be over rocks and in grass as well as in the playground. Even though the price of the Hunter is sweet it sounds like the slash could be pretty versatile.
Old 07-01-2015, 08:14 AM
Tech Rookie

I am just a little concerned about ground clearance with a short course truck due to the kind of bashing w'ed probably do, and the Slash sounds like there will be lot's of options on that front i.e. bolting on Stampede Tires, but that price on the Hunter is incredible, I'm a total rookie, will the Hunter accept bigger tires without much hassle
Old 07-11-2015, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can't see how one knocks a stampede but says yes to a slash. They use all the same components. The only difference is length of chassis and center driveshaft. My son has a dhk wolf. Same as the hunter one small crash and out went the dollars. My stampede is about bulletproof. No it doesn't handle like a sports car. It's not supposed to its a monster truck. The only axles that need replaced with metal are rear ones. Fronts haven't broke on mine.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:57 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Wolf is not the same chassis or same truck has Hunter. Hunter is based on a 1/8 buggy type chassis and shocks. The electronics suck and will need replacing, which is the case for most RTR trucks. For 300 bucks you can get the Hunter, a Turnigy 4 pole 8scale motor, 150 amp esc, and a 4s lipo. Slash is a good truck but pretty spendy for what you get. iMO better than a stampede as you can run it as a sct with decent handling or have the option to run as a monster truck. Good luck with the purchase and let us know what you get.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The wolf is the same chassis same everything. I have the wolf buggy and replaced the rear diff with one from a hunter. Used hunter front axles and hunter sct bumper.they are the same. Hunter may have a longer wheel base but that's just chassis plate. Everything else directly interchanges. Like 4 pede and slash.
Old 07-26-2015, 01:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well I will say this.. I would absolutly not take advice from another noob on here...that means you jvcaniggia....When I go out and bash I take my stampede and slash 90% of the time... Why because they are one of the tuffer trucks out there...nothing wrong withe the vel..system if your not a racer.. Yes vxl3 have button issues but that's usually the people that drive them in water...also parts are cheap for these trucks...
Old 07-27-2015, 09:20 AM
Jva
Tech Initiate

Default Basher

Originally Posted by chadj1980
Well I will say this.. I would absolutly not take advice from another noob on here...that means you jvcaniggia....When I go out and bash I take my stampede and slash 90% of the time... Why because they are one of the tuffer trucks out there...nothing wrong withe the vel..system if your not a racer.. Yes vxl3 have button issues but that's usually the people that drive them in water...also parts are cheap for these trucks...
I believe Chad has been trying to sell an overpriced Slash since June. Add reads not to lowball then several price drops. Nice unbiased opinion here.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jva
I believe Chad has been trying to sell an overpriced Slash since June. Add reads not to lowball then several price drops. Nice unbiased opinion here.
I am unbiased... I've owned just about every brand out there... And as far as overpriced slash goes that was a 1200$$ build and guess what I sold it...
Attached Thumbnails First Basher-image.jpg  
Old 08-05-2015, 08:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Bought a Skully

So after much deliberation I finally reminded myself who I was really doing this for to start with....my kids. I started trying to come up with ideas that I liked when I reminded myself I'm trying to get out with my 5 and 7 year old, so I pulled the trigger on a Skully! It really sounds like the Stampede is a solid platform for a total noob, and while some may not like the look of the Skully my kids jumped over the moon when they first saw it, they really think it's about the coolest thing they've ever seen. If things go well I'm sure I'll get something for myself later but for now I'm super stoked on this thing. It's the first hobby level RC I've ever owned and I am impressed with the size and look of it. The only thing I'm not stoked on is the 12V adapter on the charger that came with it and the amount of time it's going to take to charge the battery. As previously said I guess you get what you get with a RTR unit, but the first investment I will make is a decent wall charger. Thanks to all for the great advice and help!
Old 08-12-2015, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

That's a great platform for kids. Lots of upgrade potential, aka presents aka bribes. When you inevitably break stuff a trip to the local hobby shop should get you whatever parts you need.

Don't be afraid to work on it yourself. It's an extremely simple design.
Old 08-13-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would suggest ecx ruckus. The arrma vehicles don't tend to do well when going to more power and you can turn down the speed. To go brushless a metal gear set (readily avalable and drop in fit) and a liPo battery (reccomended) and charger is all you need.