Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Traxxas Slash 4x4 Drifting..? >

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Drifting..?

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Drifting..?

Old 05-24-2015, 07:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Questions?? Traxxas Slash 4x4 Drifting..?

Hey! Hope this is the place for a question/input on this.... Can a STOCK Traxxas Slash 4x4 drift on per-say... Gravel? If it's lose? Does it got as much torque with the STOCK battery as I hear? Thanks very much!! -Blazer
Old 05-25-2015, 11:55 AM
Tech Initiate

The torque will be pretty decent with the stock battery, but it does drop off relatively quickly. I would suggest getting a better pack, but the stock one does work and provides a pretty good level of fun.

As far as drifting goes, it depends on what you mean by drifting. It's not going to be anything like the drift cars with plastic tires. The same could be said for just about any RC that isn't designed to drift. But if your referring to hitting a corner on a loose surface at high speed and power-sliding through it then yea you wont have any problems.

You will have to get used to the car to be able to keep it from flipping or spinning all the way around, but that's part of the fun.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Drifting a slash will work if you just use a lipo haha the power is imense..if its the velineon setup you have
Old 05-26-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Iv seen people take bits ov pvc pipe and put that over their tires to make it drift on pavement.