Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Help please!!! >

Help please!!!

Help please!!!

Old 01-31-2015, 02:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Help please!!!

New to the rc car world, just got a rc drift car, a hpi e10 rtr, and I just bought a new battery for it, I put it in after charged and the steering and lights work, but the car won't drive period, no noises, it just won't move, please please help
Old 01-31-2015, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

Bummer. Hard to diagnose stuff without seeing first hand so this is just wild guessing trying to help. But doesn't it have a brushed motor (2 motor wires)? See if you can pull on the brushes and make sure they snap in good (they are spring loaded), and try giving it a push to spin the motor a bit. A "hung" brush is not uncommon with a brushed motor. Make sure the connections and wiring are all good.
Old 01-31-2015, 07:32 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a brushless motor and I checked the wires, all are connected and seem to be fine
Old 01-31-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

are there any lights on the esc that work?
Old 01-31-2015, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Yea my lights work and my steering work
Old 01-31-2015, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Have you tried re calibrating the ESC with the remote?
Old 01-31-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Rookie

How do you do that?
Old 01-31-2015, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well each brand of ESC has a slightly different way of doing it. This is how you do it with a Castle ESC. This is copy and pasted directly out of the Castle ESC manual

Step 1: Start with the transmitter ON, the battery disconnected, and the ESC’s switch in the OFF position (if ESC has a switch).

Step 2: Plug a battery into your Castle ESC. (NOTE:* If your ESC does not have a switch, hold full throttle on your transmitter before
plugging in the battery.)

Step 3: Hold full throttle on the transmitter and turn the ESC’s switch ON. Keep holding full throttle on the transmitter. If all your
connections are correct, you will hear one multi-toned initialization “ring” from the motor (all tones are played by the ESC vibrating
the motor).

STEP 4: After a second or two, the green LED on the ESC will blink rapidly and the motor will “ring” 4 times rapidly in a row
(accepting the full throttle endpoint). After the green LED flashes and tones, the ESC will blink the red LED. At this point the full
throttle endpoint has been set within the ESC and now it’s looking for the full brake endpoint (red LED blinking).

STEP 5: Move the throttle trigger to the full brake position and hold full brake. After a few seconds, the ESC will flash the red LED
and ring 4 times rapidly (accepting full brake endpoint).

STEP 6: After accepting the full brake endpoint the ESC will then blink the yellow LED. Now relax the trigger to the neutral
position. The ESC will now ring 4 times and flash the yellow LED rapidly to accept the neutral position.
After accepting the neutral position, the ESC will ring twice, flash ALL the LEDs, and the yellow LED will illuminate (solid yellow
for all ESCs except Mamba Max Pro which flashes). This is the arming tone and LED indication that the ESC IS NOW ARMED and the
car will respond to throttle inputs from your transmitter.

Most ESC follow that kind of procedure with slightly different ways of doing it.