Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Rookie Zone
Looking for recommendations for a brushless conversion on a 1/10 2wd ECX Ruckus >

Looking for recommendations for a brushless conversion on a 1/10 2wd ECX Ruckus

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for recommendations for a brushless conversion on a 1/10 2wd ECX Ruckus

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2014, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Looking for recommendations for a brushless conversion on a 1/10 2wd ECX Ruckus

I'm planning on doing a brushless conversion on my Ruckus as i have already ordered the T4/B4 servo saver parts and a HiTec HS-5646WP servo and traxxas adjustable turnbuckles all the way around there in the mail on there way here should be here in a few days.

Now i'm looking to upgrade to a brushless system and am needing a little help finding a decent motor to match my needs. If at all possible I would like to keep the stock gear ratio. I'm strickly a basher I don't race or anything like that.

I have my mind almost made up between 2 ESC's. One being the SV3 Sidewinder 12V Waterproof ESC or the Sidewinder SCT edition cuz the ruckus is heavier then the recommended weight for the Sidewinder 3. And the other being the Turnigy TrackStar 120A. Leaning more towards the Sidewinder 3. Anybody know the AMP rating of the sidewinder 3?

The motor is where i'm really stumped and the whole KV thing still kinda confuses me. I'm thinking something along the lines of a motor between 4000 to 4600KV but I'm not sure what would you guys recommend?

or do you think I should go with something like the Dynamite FUZE 1/10 4-POLE, 4800Kv ESC/Motor Combo (DYNS0707) and be done with it?
Old 11-05-2014, 04:48 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 252 (100%+)

I'd suggest the castle sct/3800 combo. Tons of torque for a heavy vehicle. The sidewinder series are rated around 75 amp.
Old 11-06-2014, 01:59 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
I'd suggest the castle sct/3800 combo. Tons of torque for a heavy vehicle. The sidewinder series are rated around 75 amp.
+1. I have one of those in my short course truck and it's nuts!