Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Charger Not Charging? Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 09:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Charger Not Charging? Help!

i have this charger http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXDVNT&P=7 and a 2s 4000 mah lipo. i plug everything in put it on 3 amps and it give me the error code [ Voltage Difference among cells is too large ( >300mV) any help thanks? btw this is my 1st time charging this battery.
Old 08-06-2014, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I don't know much about that charger, but it looks pretty basic, so I'm guessing it's not too smart/flexible about the condition of the battery. What I would do is try to have a friend, or someone at a local track, hook the battery to their charger and try to balance it for you. Alternatively, you could get a Lipo checker/balancer to see what voltage the cells are at.

In addition, I would also recommend investing in a better charger. If you're on a budget, even something like this one would do: http://www.amain.com/EcoPower-Electr...5A-50W/p217519
Old 08-07-2014, 12:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks man, im just going to take it to my local hobby shop tomorrow and see if they can help.
Old 08-07-2014, 03:49 AM
Suspended

You need to bring the High cell down.. either a stand alone balancer or via a light and volt meter..
Old 08-07-2014, 04:05 AM
Tech Champion

Check the cell voltages first, based on your other thread I'm guessing one cell has went too low in voltage. If so balancing the high cell lower to match is adding stress to the pack. Better to try raising the low cell up.

Do you have any way to check cell voltages? Measure across adjacent pins on the balancer plug.

For future runs, best to stop running a little sooner for better pack life. Stop as soon as power drops off if not before. If your ESC has an adjustable low voltage cutoff raise it a little above the common 3V/cell setting, perhaps 3.2 or 3.4V per.
Old 08-07-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

everything is fine. i took it to my hobby shop and they showed me what the problem was. i was plugging in the balance cord the wrong way. haha stupid me....im learning though. thanks for the help everyone